Chapter 55

This chapter contains materials of highly sensitive natures including S/H behaviors and thoughts, and mental health topics that may be triggering for some individuals. Reader discretion is advised.

CHAPTER 55

Like

I'll take care of you
Don't be sad, don't be blue
I'll never break your heart in two
I'll take care of you

Napangiti ako dahil sa maganda at malamig na boses na bumabalot sa tainga ko. Also the soft caresses on my cheeks. I hugged the pillow beside me... a hard pillow, though. But because of how good that sounds, I remained my eyes closed.

I'll kiss your tears away
I'll end your lonely days
All that I'm really trying to say
Is I'll take care of you

My mind is free from the voices. I should be scared by now but no... napalitan ng boses na kumakanta 'yon. Like it's telling me I shouldn't be scared. I have no reason to be scared anymore. Because I'm being taken care of already.

I want you to know
That I love you so
I'm proud to tell the world you're mine
I've said it before
I'll say it once more
You'll be in my heart till the end of time

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was a smiling Migo. Hinawi niya ang buhok sa leeg ko at sinapo ang pisngi ko. He continued singing,

I'll take care of you
Don't be sad, don't be blue
Just count on me your whole life through
And I'll take care of you

"Good morning, habs," he greeted.

Madalas, he uses sweet pea pero minsan, tinatawag din namin ang isa't isa ng habs. Call sign muna bago label. Iyon na yata ang uso ngayon.

"Do you really sing? Ang ganda ng boses mo."

He often sings Dark Can Be Beautiful whenever he senses that my demons are active again. Through that, he reassures me that he'll stay no matter how wild or dark they get.

"Not regularly, though."

"So... why do you sing to me?" Inayos ko ang higa ko sa braso niya.

I wonder, hindi ba siya nangangawit? Kasi bago ako matulog at paggising ko, nasa braso pa rin niya ako. Minsan, natatagpuan ko yung sarili kong nakahiga na sa dibdib niya especially in the middle of the night.

"I'll be your voice first. I know you had a dark past with singing, it's one of your traumas, but this is my way of reminding you that someday, when you're ready to sing again, you'll find the beauty in it and you won't be reminded about the past."

My heart fluttered at that. Sa mga ganyang gestures niya, he makes the wrong things right again. He can turn pain into beauty.

"Thank you, Migo."

"I love you so much, my Katianna."

I smiled at him. How could he love me when everything about me is dark and painful? Kahit ako yung trigger niya. Kahit ako yung nagpapaalala sa kanya kung paano namatay ang mama niya?

Speaking of...

"What time is it?" I asked.

Kinapa niya ang cellphone sa bedside table pero yung akin yung naabot niya. He pressed the screen and it showed, 9:50 AM.

It's a Friday and I got my last finals at 1:50 PM. Siya naman, alas dos pa.

"It's your mother's death anniversary, right?" Mahina lang ang boses ko, alanganin pang sabihin 'yon.