'The Eleven Journal'

'COEXISTENCE' World Tour VR Encore

As the global phenomenon that is Eleven prepares to unveil COEXISTENCE: A VR Encore, an immersive virtual reality experience stemming from the special finale concert of the COEXISTENCE World Tour, anticipation is high not just from fans, but the artist herself.

Eleven announced as Rolex brand ambassador

Breaking beauty news as global watch producing company 'Rolex' unveils the stunning Eleven, a member of the internationally acclaimed K-pop group BTS, as its newest ambassador. This exciting collaboration was revealed through an exclusive image featuring Eleven with Rolex's limited-edition Submariner.

W Korea Interview with ELEVEN of BTS [2020]

As another year draws to a close, Eleven rewound and reflected on this year. There were memorable times, such as the first world tour, Coexistence, that successfully finished in 34 cities around the world and beginning the new K-pop journey as Eleven . A year of proving oneself and a year of listening to the inner voice. Her 2019 will be remembered with these sentences.

Today, you wore Saint Laurent's spring collection. It's a bit early, but I couldn't wait for the next spring as I watched you shoot.

I think so, too. There are so many clothes I want to wear when it gets warmer. Today, I tried on many mini dresses today, and I thought, 'This is exactly what I wanted for Saint Laurent.' I think there is something powerful about Saint Laurent's dresses and clothes. Since they have a clear statement, they look even more stylish when you relax and be more natural.

How would you define "Saint Laurent Girl?"

I think Saint Laurant Girl is someone who has clear opinions and always has reasons to confidently persuade others by following their own heart.

Is there any trait that you share with Saint Laurent's creative director, Anthony Vaccarello?

Yes, we do share similar traits. Actually, we didn't get close to each other instantly, but we slowly got closer by spending time together. The more I got to know him, the more I learned that he is a thoughtful, careful, and smart person. I often get a bit nervous around a new person, and it takes me a while to feel comfortable. When you see Anthony from a distance, he has an aura of boss and leader. But when you observe him in a close distance, he is very careful person. Anthony is a soft person but his softness shows his deep heart and empathy rather than his weakness.

It seems that 2019 has gone faster for you because "Coexistence" world tour has lasted about a year since July 2019.

Maybe. "COEXISTENCE" was the most thankful event that happened to me this year. The world tour kept me busy, but I could spend this year more stably thanks to the tour.

What made you feel more stable?

The feeling of meeting ARMYs every week and showing my best performance for our fans made me feel more stable. I think that's the best feeling you can get as a singer.

What was something that you got through "Coexistence"?

On the first world tour, it was with BTS, I went through some difficulties because every moment felt so new to me. But "Coexistence" was my second world tour, and I thought, 'if I face the past difficulties to learn and overcome, I can make this tour a precious memory.' Eventually, I am the one who makes good memories. Although it was hard at first, not having the members nearby to support you, I had my fans. "Coexistence" clearly taught me that I may be a slow starter, but I can change it into a helpful lesson any time by experiencing and learning.

So, "Coexistence" helped you build self-confidence.

I hope so. I will wait and see.

Was there any moment you felt you had jumped up through your second world tour?

Strangely, "Coexistence" has been a continuous process of rediscovering and studying myself. In the beginning of the world tour, I immersed myself in thinking about what makes me feel comfortable on stage since I had expectations for myself. Then, by the end of the world tour, I realized that I should pay attention to the audience rather than myself. Because I was concerned about how to perform better, I focused only to myself. I learned that doing the opposite was the answer. I gained more energy when I looked around others instead of myself, and I could truly show myself on stage. Once I realized that, I enjoyed the stage even more.

"Coextence" broke new records by touring 34 cities, holding 66 concerts, and drawing 1.8 million fans. I wonder what someone who has achieved these amazing records could aim for next.

As BTS, there were so many things to be grateful for, but I was a bit pressured in the beginning. Now, I am slowly realizing that I should focus and carefully listen to what we believe, what we want to do, and our inner voice. We received so much love when we tried to break the frame and bring up music and image we truly wanted. Whenever BTS breaks a new record, I get more confident that we should believe and push toward what we want to do.

What was the most fascinating event of this year?

I must say Coachella was the most fascinating one. I couldn't believe it when I first heard the news that I would be Coachella headliner. I was so excited but nervous at the same time. Just a minute before the stage, I suddenly felt like crying. That never happened to me before. As I went up to the stage, I thought, 'I need to pull myself together. I can't hold back tears. What should I do?' After standing on the stage, I realized that it was really happening to me.

It's been a year since you released your debut single album, Coexistence, in 2019. Could you share what your next story will be about?

Well, I don't want to confine the story of my next album. I still have many thoughts about my next solo album, but on the other hand, I am a bit excited. As I worked on the first solo album, I could find what I really wanted to say and I could explore myself. So, I want to make my next album by recording every moment honestly. I think it's more exciting to leave it open.

What are your plans for spending a special last day of 2019?

I usually spend the last day of the year with my family. I think I will be with my family, unless I have a special schedule. Oh, I just made a plan for that day. Don't be too nervous like last year, and don't worry about the year ahead. Last year, I only looked ahead instead of looking back. So, it would be nice to take some time to look back on this year.