Discovery and the past

This chapter will be a lot longer than the others

Everyone finally gets some rest for the day to come. The day of initiation arrives, and when (Y/N) and Dante are woken up by an energetic, ginger-haired girl dashing around a guy singing "It's morning! It's morning!", (Y/N) just sighs and gets up, putting on his armor and sword on his back. Dante does the same. When Ruby and Yang walk up, all four of their lockers happen to be side by side to each other. The group looks over to see Jaune failing to get on Weiss's good side. There is a red-haired girl in golden armor, but right when Weiss goes to introduce her, (Y/N) walks up and says, "Hey, aren't you Pyrrha Nikos? The girl who won that tournament or whatever?" The girl, now known as Pyrrha, chuckles and says, "Yeah, that's me." Jaune looks confused, and Dante sighs and says, "She's on the front of Pumpkin Pete's cereal." Jaune then gasps, "That's you?! They only do that for celebrities!!" (Y/N) and Dante both facepalm, questioning how the hell this dude got into Beacon. "Sadly, the cereal isn't all that good for you," Pyrrha admits. "Now, do you think you have any right to be on a team with her?" Weiss says to Jaune. "No, probably not," Jaune says, looking down. Pyrrha puts a hand on Jaune's shoulder and says, "I think you would be a good team leader." Jaune perks up and says, "Pyrrha is up for Team Jaune. Spots are filling up fast. I normally don't do this, but I can reserve a spot for you, Snow Angel." Jaune gets a little too close to Weiss, pissing off Dante a bit, as Weiss is uncomfortable. "Too close! Pyrrha help!" Next thing you know, Jaune is held against the wall by Pyrrha's weapon as she apologizes, "I'm sorry!!"

Later, everyone makes their way to the cliff for initiation, and Dante and (Y/N) talk to one another. But then Ozpin speaks up, "There has been talk of teams. Well, I'm here to put an end to that. Each of you will be given teams today. The first person you make eye contact with will be your partner for the next 4 years here at Beacon." As Ozpin finishes, Ruby is heard shouting, "WHAT?!" It was as if her world came crashing down. "At the end of this forest, you will find some ruins. Secure your relics and meet back here. You will engage the enemy in this forest, so don't hold back, or you will die." After Ozpin finishes, students are launched into the air, one by one. (Y/N) looks at Ozpin and says, "Dude, how have you not gotten sued yet?" Ozpin just smiles and takes a sip from his mug. Jaune tries to ask questions about the landing strategy, and Ozpin gives him a straightforward answer, "No parachute. You will be falling and land using your own landing strategy." Eventually, Jaune is launched, screaming into the distance, causing (Y/N) and Dante to start cracking up laughing. But then they stop when Ozpin calls out to them, "Boys, try not to set the forest on fire if at all possible." The two boys nod and are launched into the air.

Dante flies through the air, using his shotgun to push him forward. Meanwhile, (Y/N) sets himself on fire, becoming a scarlet streak in the sky as he burns through the air like a comet. Ruby is heard screaming, "BIRDIE NO!!" (Y/N) hits the ground like a rock, landing on one knee and his fist to the ground. As he stood up, looking around to make sure he didn't set the forest on fire, after making sure he didn't, he started his walk into the forest, hands in his pockets. But eventually, he was face to face with an Ursa and a couple of Creeps. He reached for his sword and dashed forward, setting the blade of his sword on fire, thrusting it straight into the Creep, killing it as it turned to dust. Then he sent three flaming arcs at the other Creeps, killing them all. What was left was the Ursa. (Y/N) adjusted his grip on his sword and spun around, sending a wheel of flames at the Ursa. The Ursa tanked the hit and slashed at (Y/N) with its paw. At that moment, (Y/N) parried the hit and slashed the bear-like Grimm four times before jumping back. But right when the Ursa went to rush (Y/N), a knife was embedded in the back of the Ursa's skull, killing it. The knife was pulled back to its owner, revealing it to be Dante. "Looked like you needed some help," Dante said with a smile. (Y/N) then walked up and fist-pumped Dante. "I had it, though." Dante laughed as they made their way through the forest. "Sure you did."