End of the beginning

Third pov

The darkened corridor of the Vault under Beacon. Only flashes of green and vermilion are illuminated in the darkness. More flashes are shown as Ozpin and Cinder Fall clash with each other. After a clash, Cinder slides back, using her hand to melt the floor below her, and summons ice crystals from the newly formed substance, hurling them toward Ozpin. Ozpin deflects them all by moving at superhuman speed, and then darts forward and delivers a bunch of strikes at Cinder with his cane, with the last blow launching her back. Cinder then floats mid-air by unleashing her Maiden power. Ozpin then slams his cane into the floor, forming a spherical force field around him. Cinder then unleashes a powerful fire blast, with Ozpin leaping into the attack with the barrier protecting him. As he closes in on her, the area fades to white.

All the while...

The docks outside of Beacon. Airbuses are seen picking up the last few civilians and students. Peter Port and Bartholomew Oobleck oversee the evacuation. "That's it! Everybody on board! This is a mandatory evacuation!" Port says, "Please, remain calm and listen to Atlas personnel!" Oobleck adds

Weiss stares at what is in front of her in disbelief. As Ruby runs down the path, Zwei and torgal bark to alert Weiss to her leader's presence, and Weiss turns around to greet her.
"Ruby!" Weiss says, "Oh, I found you!" Ruby says, "Ruby, where have you been and where is (Y/n)?" Weiss asks, "Don't worry, I'm fine! And (Y/n) stayed behind to deal with Barnabas. What's going on?" Ruby asks. Unsure of what to say, Weiss lowers her gaze sadly.

Weiss steps aside, giving Ruby a clear view of Blake and Yang lying on the ground. Both girls have bandages wrapped around their wounds, and the latter is unconscious. Behind them sit Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren, who are too battered and bruised to fight. Blake reaches over and places her hand on Yang's as torgal licks Yang's cheek sadly. "I'm sorry," Blake says as she tears up. Ruby reaches out and opens her mouth to say something, but in her emotional state, she doesn't know what to say.

"Hey. She's going to be okay. The soldiers have a ship ready to take you guys to Vale." Sun says, unaware of what's going down. In Vale, between (Y/n) and Barnabas, no one has an idea what's about to go down as an atlas soldier runs up. "we are not taking you to Vale. A problem arose: a giant knight on a six-legged horse is seen in Vale; the area is no longer safe!" Ruby looks down in fear. "(Y/n).." she says, worried about his safety as Nora speaks up, "Jaune and Pyrrha are still missing! Dante, too!" Ruby looks around, noticing the other ally dominant is missing. "you don't think?" Weiss asks Ruby, "They will fight that knight thing?" Ruby nods. "I hope they get out Alive," Sun interrupts their thoughts. "Look, guys, that giant Grimm is circling the school! Even the White Fang are pulling out! We all have to go now!" Ren tried to get up but fell weakened. "We're not... leaving!"

Sun turns and casts a worried look at Blake. "I'll find them... I'll find them, and I'll bring them back." Ruby says, "No! We will find them." Weiss declares, "We gotta find the four of them. Watch after Blake and Yang. We'll be back." Ruby and Weiss run back toward Beacon Academy while Sun watches them go.

At beacon tower

THe front of Beacon Tower as Jaune and Pyrrha run out of the front door. The muffled sounds of Ozpin and Cinder's fight can be heard. As they see Dante standing nearby, "Dante!" The dark-skinned male turns to face them. "Jaune?! Pyrrha?! What are you guys doing here?!" Dante asks. "we could ask the same of you," Pyrrha says in a worried tone to answer their question. Dante points up to the wyvern circling the school. "I'm about to fight that thing." Their conversation is interrupted by an explosion, followed by Cinder using fire to fly up through the elevator shaft. The three teens stare at the tower in surprise.

"But... Ozpin..." Jaune says, "Wait, Ozpin was fighting?!" Dante asks, but Pyrrha looks at Dante. "let's go; I have a feeling we are both going to want to be at the top of that tower." Jaune looks at the two. "No... no, Dante, Pyrrah, you can't. You saw how powerful she is! Pyrrha and Dante, you can't fight that dragon! I won't let you do-"
pyrrah and Dante cut off Jaune Pyrrah by hugging him and Dante shooting him a glance. "you can't stop us!" Pyrrah then uses her Semblance on Jaune's armor, pushing him directly into a nearby locker, which slams shut from the impact.