Chapter 23) Webs of DEVIL

Published on:- 21/3/24 [Wednesday]
...

In the dimly lit room, Avyaan was grappling with the situation, and the room was illuminated only by the soft glow of a flickering candle.

With a trembling hand, he tightened his grasp on the spoon, and the metal cooled against his skin.

Tarana glanced at him through the help of her side eyes as she could feel the sea of his emotions.

The scene painted a portrait of tension and uncertainty as if the very air around him crackled with unresolved questions.

"Mr. Khadka", With a clear throat, Tarana addressed Avyaan directly as her voice cut through the air and gently interrupted the heavy silence that enveloped the room.

Her tone was calm and composed despite the palpable tension in the atmosphere as she began and her words measured and steadily, "Are you done eating your food?"

Avyaan's gaze shifted from the flickering candle to Tarana as his features darkened slightly at her interruption.

Her heart accelerated fearfully.

Staring at her for a few seconds, with a slow exhale, he released his grip on the spoon.

"I am done", Avyaan replied and his voice carried a touch of coldness.

"What is troubling him?", Tarana thought, while glancing at the plate full of food.

A exhaled a deep breath and looked straight at Avyaan.

"You should eat properly. You need to become stronger again", Tarana said and Avyaan continued to stare at her.

Suddenly, A sense of unease crept over her, mingling with the anticipation of his reply.

"Sir! Please take good care of yourself. My Tara is working so hard in taking care of you that she becomes a personal nurse for you. So, you better get well soon". Avyaan said in a cool tone but something stormed inside of him.

Taran stood there blankly, trying to process his words.

'These are the same words which Omy had said to Avyyan. Then why is he repeating the same words?', Tarana thought.

"I remember correctly. Isn't it? You don't have to become a nurse for me", Avyaan said bluntly.

His icy words stunned Tarana, leaving her speechless as she couldn't shake off the shock, 'What's wrong with him?'.

The air between them crackled with tension as she mustered the courage to address Avyaan's unexpected remark.

"I did it for Naina", Tarana spoke.

As they sat in the dimly lit room, the silence punctuated only by the wild hum of the air brutally dancing outside of the hut.

Avyaan's serpent-like eyes bore into hers.

Taking a deep breath, Tarana finally spoke, her voice steady but tinged with a hint of uncertainty. "Mr. Khadka! I need to understand what you meant by repeating Omy's words and Why would you say I don't have to become a nurse for you?".

Avyaan's expression remained unreadable as his gaze fixed at a distant point beyond her.

After a moment's pause and listening to her questions, he turned to face her. His eyes betrayed a flicker of something that she couldn't quite decipher.

Suddenly, Tarana chuckled softly as she continued to speak, "You don't remember anything. Many years have passed but I remember everything very well. Whatever I am doing is only in return for the favor that you did for me".