Chapter 31) Trickster

Published on:- 18/5/24 [Saturday]
...

"Not everything is meant to be,
but everything is worth a try".

ShineeSunshine

...

"I am handing over to you to the police", Nilay said as he looked at the signboard on which it was written 'Police Station of Shimla city'.

Reading the board and listening to his words, Her heart skipped a beat. It was beyond her imagination that Nilay would take her to the police station.

For a minute, her mind stopped working but she instantly composed herself and looked at him. She was not scared at all but she did not want to face any Khakee color uniform-wearing human.

It was troublesome and at this point, She was not in the mood to expose herself in front of Nilay; Her Angel.

And mostly because, Sunaina was aware that the day, She would come in front of the police as the princess of the mafia world, rivers of blood would flow that day.

Sunaina's eyes dropped down and her face had no expression at all.

Nilay looked at her fallen face and he felt a tug in his heart. He quickly shook his head and shooed away all those unexpected and unidentified strings in his heart.

Nilay turned around and walked but suddenly Sunaina pulled his hand, causing him to stop in between his way.

He craned his neck and raised his brows questioningly. Sunaina bit her lips as she looked innocently at him.

"Nilay, I am not a liar. I never said I went to tuition to study. I worked there as a part-timer. Do you know about distributing pamphlets? And I indeed live in an orphanage. I am working there as well," Sunaina said earnestly.

Nilay crossed his arms over his chest and stared deeply into her eyes as if he were searching for the truth in her words.

Sunaina blinked her eyes innocently. There was not a single trance of lies and shamelessness on her face. Her composure revealed the strength of a thick-skinned woman.

However, Nilay could smell the lies beneath her composed facade and his intuition once again alerted him as he continued to look at her innocent expression.

Suddenly he spoke in his calm tone, "Divita!" and then stopped.

Her heart escalated and her throat went dry when she heard the way he called the name. Now, she started to dislike this name with every fiber of her body.

"What?", She asked softly.

Nilay clicked his tongue while looking at her and said in his calm but slight warning tone, "You have only one option. Either go inside the police station or tell me the truth here".

Sunaina's eyes bore into his gorgeous brownish eyes that were shining brightly under the sunlight.

Suddenly, her lips turned upward and a smirk danced on her thin nude lips and without waiting for a response, she turned and began walking toward the police station while saying, "I don't like to explain myself, Nilay. Just because you misunderstood me. Just because I am madly in love with you. It doesn't mean that I give you the right to stomp over me with your questions and doubtful gazes. What I hate is giving explanations".

Nilay stood there as he was stunned by her icy tone and the unexpected confession of her love for him. He watched her walk away and his mind reeled from the shock of her words.

Back to Sunaina who continued walking to the police station. She knew exactly what she was doing and why. Every word and action of hers was calculated. Her steps of hers were purposeful and determined.