Chapter 44) Blood Flowers

Published on:- 5/8/24 [Monday]
...

"Your love is the storm
that shatters my calm,
leaving me breathless
and yearning for more."

ANGEL

..

In the dead of the midnight hour, beneath the gaze of a thousand silent stars, the moon cast an ethereal glow that danced with sinister intent and showered long shadows on two figures.

"Mr. Khadka! Who gave you the right to talk to me like that, huh? Why did you touch my things? How can you enter a girl's room without permission? You already rejected me and mocked me. You insulted me numerous times. Our paths are already parted. We have different worlds, so why are you here, huh? To snatch my peace and insult me again?", Tarana spoke as her voice trembled with rage and each word seethed with the fury that had been brewing in her heart for far too long.

The way Avyaan always dominated her with his words, gazes and actions made her feel ashamed. She knew she stood no chance of fighting him, but she could at least stay away from him.

But Avyaan's sudden appearance and interference in her life spoiled her plans. His mere presence was enough to unravel her resolve and plunge her back into the chaos she had tried so hard to leave behind.

Avyaan stared at her and then simply turned around to look at the room which gave him a sense of warm welcome.

But his cold attitude splashed water on her face. Avyaan was still the same arrogant, cold, and heartless man.

Tarana's heart raced as she grappled with the storm of emotions that his presence had stirred within her.

Anger, frustration, and a trace of that old and painful longing churned inside her. She clenched her fists and forced herself to stand tall and confront Avyaan.

"Why can't you just leave me alone, Mr. Khadka?", Tarana demanded her voice shaking but firm.

Avyaan stepped forward towards the shelves as his eyes scanned the spines of the books.

He had already glanced at a book that caught his attention and he was stunned as he examined the pages.

His first question was - 'What's so interesting about this book?'.
His second question was - 'she loves reading' and while looking at the content of the book, he asked himself, 'Why did she like to read this book?'

And then a series of questions piled up one by one while reading and flipping the pages.

'Who talks like this?
'Who acts like this?'
'Is it romantic to hold hands and dance in the rain?'
'First of all, what the hell is Romance?'
'what does this mean?'
'What's happening here?'.
'Why does this girl cry so much?'
'Suck! This man is cheating on his girlfriend?'
'Is she trying to forgive him and accept his deeds?'
'Hateful- Dirty- what the hell is going here?'.