Chapter Eighty-Four

🌻Hey, gorgeous! You can read this episode and much more of DOCTOR-PATIENT CONFIDENTIALITY and other sizzling web series from Emended Hearts at www.EmendedHearts.com or click the external link at the bottom of the page.🌻

💗💗💗

I walk up to Bill as slowly as I can, feeling wary and apprehensive in every way imaginable about coming face to face with him after my last two encounters with his girlfriend. I tell myself to just act normal.

"Hey, you," I say, doing my best to forge a genuine smile as I go in for a hug. "I was wondering when you would show up. I'm like two seconds away from strangling myself and they're already out of punch, apparently." I seriously hope I sound a lot more calm and hinged than I feel.

"Yeah, we pretty much just got here," Bill says as he hugs me back.

I finally pull back from his embrace and my eyes land right on the petite figure behind him as I do. "Hey, Gina," I say, offering a small wave as all the muscles in my cheeks strain themselves to maintain whatever semblance of a smile that's still managed to stay on my face. I look between them, my eyes darting back and forth in slight confusion. "Where's Trixie?" As soon as the words leave my lips, both his and Gina's expressions make a complete one-eighty, and I almost wish I hadn't asked.

"Uh...I was actually gonna ask you that," Bill says, his forehead furrowing in his own show of surprise. "I thought she was coming with you and Drake."

I shake my head. "No, I haven't talked to her all week, actually." I admit, saying that out loud and actually hearing the words come out of my mouth makes me feel like crap. I feel totally guilty for avoiding her, and I should. She's my best friend but ever since this entire fiasco with Frost and Mindy began and with all the funkified chain of events that have followed closely behind, I haven't really been much of a friend to her at all. Or Bill, for that matter.

I don't know how to act normal around either of them with so much on my mind all the time. And, frankly, I suck ass at pretending. Hell, I can barely even meet Gina's eyes in his presence knowing fully well what the situation between them really is, knowing that Gina has confided in me to keep one hell of a secret, knowing that I've agreed to uphold that secret despite my friendship with her boyfriend, knowing that, in quite a few ways, I'm undisputedly caught between a gigantic rock and a diamond hard place—aka, I'm royally fucked. Lately, I just feel like I can't win no matter what I do.

"Trix and I kind of got into it a couple of days ago," Bill admits, and it's clear that he's uncomfortable talking about it, most likely because Gina's here, and I'm willing to bet everything I have—which, I admit, isn't a hell of a lot at the moment—that his and Trixie's argument had something to do with her. "I haven't spoken to her since," he continues. "I figured you already knew since she pretty much tells you everything."

Yeah, I definitely didn't get that memo.

I feel like a blunt arrow just went through my back at hearing that. It's true. Trixie does pretty much tell me everything. I feel like I know practically every single detail about her life, including things she hasn't told Bill, or even her own brother, for that matter. And here I am, keeping so much from her; intentionally ignoring and avoiding her because I can't bring myself to tell her about my own deepest, darkest secrets.

Because I can't bring myself to tell her about Frost.

"Nah, I haven't heard from her," I finally say, but guilt makes my words sound unconvincing and almost weak. Plus, I feel really weirded out by this new dynamic between the three of us, and Gina's presence certainly isn't helping. And neither is Drake's absence, by the way.

I peek a glance in his direction, silently wishing he would walk up to us and break the super duper awkward ice, but he seems to still be preoccupied with Leggy Brunette over there.

After a few failed attempts at small talk on my part, I officially give up on trying to salvage the situation. And the atmosphere only becomes even more awkward as the minutes continue to pass without any one of us saying much else, the uncomfortable silence oozing the unspoken, tension between Gina and Bill, seemingly unresolved drama between Bill and Trixie, and the obvious hostility and animosity between Trixie and Gina. It's just one weird, messy, potentially volatile triangle. And somehow, by one hell of a fucked up twist of fate—or perhaps just a really, really bad case of shitty luck—I've been thrust head-first into their drama even though I have absolutely nothing to do with any of it.

As if I don't have enough drama of my own to contend with.

***

Hey, again! We'll post one chapter every Friday, but there are currently over 140 chapters in Season One, so this may take a while. If you just can't wait, you can read this episode and much more of DOCTOR-PATIENT CONFIDENTIALITY and other sizzling web series at www.EmendedHearts.com or click the external link below.

👇🏿👇🏽👇🏼

Sign up for our Love Letter on our website www.EmendedHearts.com/Love-Letter. Your support is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading! And don't forget to vote, share and comment! Love ya :).

XOXO ❤️‍🔥😘

Eme and the hearts at EmendedHearts