Chapter 12

Helen
December was swiftly approaching, and so was the Yule Ball.
I was was walking with my fellow Hufflepuffs to an empty classroom.
"Hello Hufflepuffs!" Madam Sprout said, smiling. "As you all know, the Yule ball is very soon. There will be a dance, and I have been told by Dumbledore to teach you all how to dance!"
A mix of cheers and groans filled the room.
"Now now everyone, this will be fun!" Madam Sprout glanced around" Now, mister MacMillan come here. Now, put your hand in my hip, and the other one holding my hand. That's it. Now, dance to the music."
Earnie had a slight blush to his cheeks, but other then that, he was doing well.
"Very good mister Macmillan. Now, everyone will pair up, and dance." She waved her wand, and I felt myself being pulled into the centre of the room. I was paired with Cedric Diggory
"Hello Helen." He smiled.
"Hi." I said. We danced, not talking at all.
"You're good at dancing" Cedric said after we finished.
"Thanks" I replied. We all walked out of the room, and back to our dorms.

I was sitting in my room reading when Bennet, my owl, knocked on my window. I untied the letter tied to his foot, and read it:
Dear Helen,
'I must learn to be content with being happier than I deserve'
Go to the astronomy tower once you get this letter.
Love, Draco Malfoy.
I looked at the time. 10:00pm. I put on some comfy clothes, and snuck out of my dorm.
I ran through the halls, hoping I wouldn't get caught.
I walked up the winding stairs to the tower, and I saw Draco, facing away, staring at the sky.
"Draco?" I asked.
He turned around, and smiled. "Hello Darling. How was your day?"
"It was okay." I said, walking over to him.
"Did you also have a dance class today?" He asked.
"Yeah," I said.
Draco looked at me, "who'd you dance with?"
"Cedric" I said, still looking at the sky. The stars were shining, and there was a thin blanket of snow on the ground.
"Was he your first dance?" He asked.
"Yes." I replied.
"Then let me be your second." Draco said, holding his hand out.
I turned to him, smiled, and took it.
Draco waved his wand, and music started playing. He put his hand on my waist, and we began to dance. We didn't talk but it was a comfortable silence. I put my head on his chest as we swayed.
The music faded out after a while, but we stayed in that position for a while.
"Helen," Draco whispered.
"Yes Draco?" I said tilting my head up to look into his eyes.
"Will you be my date to the Yule Ball?" He asked.
A big smile spread across my face, "of course!" I said.
Draco smiled, picked me up and spun me around. I laughed, staring into his eyes.
He put me down, and put his forehead to mine.
"Do you want to go on a date sometime?" He asked.
"Yes!!" I said, hugging Draco. We stood there hugging for a long time. Draco slightly rubbed my back. I could feel his cold rings through my hoodie. He pulled away a little, and put his thumb under my chin. My breath hitched. He leaned in, and kissed my cheek.
My stomach started doing a whole acrobatic routine. A little piece of my heart was a little disappointed that he didn't kiss my lips.
"Are you disappointed?" Draco asked, smirking.
My cheeks got really hot, "No!!" I said, a little too quickly.
"I'm sure." He said. His eyes flickered to my lips, and then he pulled away entirely.
"Come darling, it's getting late." He said, holding out his hand. I took it, and we walked down the stairs together.

Draco
As Helen and I walked through the halls, I couldn't help but notice how pretty she looked in her oversized yellow hoodie. Her hair was tied up in a messy ponytail. God I wanted to kiss her. I had the chance but I chickened out. We made it to the Hufflepuff dorm.
"Good night Darling, I'll see you tomorrow." I said, kissing her forehead.
Helen's cheeks turned an adorable shade of pink. "Good night Draco."
I spun her around, and went back to my dorm.
I entered the Slytherin common room, and I saw Pansy on the couch.
"Well?" She asked.
I smirked, "obviously she said yes, I'm just so attractive." I joked.
Pansy clapped, and a big smile grew on her face. "You guys are so cute!" She said.
"I know," I said, "I'm going to bed now, see you tomorrow Pansy."
I walked up to my room, and went to bed.

Helen
I was walking to lunch with Pansy and Draco. Draco's arm was around my shoulders, and Pansy kept fangirling. A thought came to me as Hermione and her friends walked by.
"Oh no..." I said.
"What's up?" Draco asked. We sat down at the Slytherin table.
"What's Hermione going to say?" I groaned.
Pansy started laughing, "you are so dead Draco."
A flicker of fear crossed Draco's face. "I'm sure I'll be fine..."
I stood up.
"Where are you going?" Pansy asked.
"If she hears it from me it'll be fine..." I said.
Draco nodded, "do you want me to come with you darling?"
"I'll be okay. See you guys in a bit!" I said, walking away.
I walked over to the Gryffindor table, "hi Hermione!" I said waving.
"Hi Helen. What's up?" Hermione said.
"Can I talk to you?" I asked, "alone." I glanced at Harry and Ron.
Hermione nodded, got up, and we walked out into the hall.
"What's going on Helen?" Hermione asked.
I took a deep breath. "Do you have a date for the Yule Ball?"
"Yes I do. It's Viktor Krum." She said.
My jaw dropped, "wow! I- I always thought you would go with Harry or Ron! But good for you!" I said, a big smile growing on my face.
"Thank you!" She said, "now, what did you want to tell me?"
I grimaced, "well... I also have a date..." I said.
"Who?" Hermione said, sounding a little shocked.
I sighed, "Draco Malfoy..." I muttered.
"WHAT?!" Hermione yelled.
I smiled awkwardly, "yeah... he asked me last night..." a felt my cheeks heat up from the memory.
Hermione ran her hand through her hair, "I'm happy for you..." she said after an eternity of silence.
I smiled, "thank you." I wrapped her in a hug, and then walked back into the great hall.
On my way, I bumped into Harry.
"Hey Helen, can I talk to you?" He asked.
"Umm sure. Let me just tell Pansy and Draco something." I said. I walked over to my friends, "good news Draco, you're not going to die!"
Draco breathed a sigh of relief. "What does Potter want?" He asked.
"He wants to talk about something." I replied.
"Im coming with you." Draco said, standing up.
"You really don't need-" I started.
"Don't even try Darling, I'm coming." He said.
We walked over to Harry.
"Is he coming?" Harry asked, pointing at Draco.
"Of course Potter." Draco said, smirking.
Harry made a weird face, and then turned to me, "Helen, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the Yule Ball with me."
"Sorry Harry, but I'm already going with someone." I said.
Harry looked shocked, "who?!" He asked.
"Me, Potter" Draco said, pulling me close. Harry scoffed and walked away.
I frowned, "I wonder why he asked me. He's never shown an interest in me before..."
"The champions dance." Draco said, "he needs a date for that."
I nodded. He twirled me around, and kissed my cheek. A small silence followed.
"I guess everyone knows now" I laughed.
"I guess they do." He said.

A/n
Hello!!
I haven't watched the movies or read the books recently, so things are going to be out of order lol.
If you guys are upset with how I'm portraying Cedric, I'm so sorry. I realized last chapter that I was making him kind of creepy, but whatever.
If you all are okay with it, I'm going to make the next chapter another cute one!
Comment any suggestions you have, and please vote if you enjoyed!
Love you all!! <3