The Heart Cries 💔

Surasa Devi raised her hand, only to bring it down with all her might, landing a resounding slap on his face.
" No, Devendra! there is no excuse for your behavior! None of your explanation can bring back Padmini! None of it can bring back your son!" She said in a scathing voice .

She turned to Abeera and shot her, a look of disgust while saying, " You left for war, leaving your duties as a husband and a father behind. And what did you return with? A mistress! A woman who has brought nothing but disgrace upon our name."

Abeera bowed her head, appearing so pitiful, she said in tremblingly, " I'm sorry, Mother..... I never meant to cause any harm...."

Surasa Devi raised her hand and said " I am not your mother! And never will be!"

" You knew exactly what you were doing when you ensnared my son with your charms. You took advantage of his vulnerability, his loneliness, and you led him astray......." She said in a mocking tone.

Abeera bowed her head, as her shoulders tremored, and large tears fell down her eyes, which made Devendra's heart hurt.

Devendra attempted to intervene, seeing her pitiful cries, " Mother, please, don't blame Abeera..... It was my fault..."

Surasa Devi uleased her wrath upon him, " Your fault? Of course it was your fault, Devendra! You abandoned your wife, your family, for the sake of your own desires. ...... You broke your vows, shattered our trust, and brought shame upon us all!"

Seeing Devendra almost accepting his mother's accusation, Abeeda gathered her composure, and her voice trembled with false sincerity, she said " Mahamahim, please believe me when I say that my intentions were never to come between Devendra and Padmini......"
She glimpsed with love at Devendra, " Our love was pure and true .... born out of shared experiences and genuine affection..... I never sought to take Padmini's place in Devendra's heart...."

" Oh Spare me your lies, girl! You can't achieve Padmini's greatness even after you take a thousand births.... let alone now..."

" You may fool my son with your honeyed words, but you will not deceive me...."

Abeera forced out a smile, but her eyes betrayed a flicker of uncertainty " I assure you......"

Surasa Devi raised her hand to silence her. " That is enough, Abeera! Your presence here is a stain upon our family's honor, and I will not tolerate it any longer. Leave this palace at once and never return!"

Abeera's facade almost crumbled. With a voice tinged in desperation, she said " Please, Mahamahim.... I beg of you..."

Seeing Abeera's tears coursing down her face, Devendra stepping forward, his voice tinged with desperation, as he said, " Mother, please, you must understand. Abeera is not to blame for all of this. I... I made choices, too. I cannot let you cast all the blame upon her....."

Surasa Dei's voice softened as she tried to reason with him, " Devendra, my son, I know you are hurting..... But you must see the truth for what it is.... This Abeera has manipulated you, led you astray from your duties and your honor....."

Devendra shook his head, " No, Mother, you're wrong! Abeera has been my solace in times of despair, my confidante when I had no one else to turn to..... She is not the villain you make her out to be."

At this point, her patience was wearing thin. She said as a last warning, " Devendra, I have watched as your love for Padmini withered away, as you allowed yourself to be consumed by desires that led you down a path of ruin. And now, you would defend this woman who has brought nothing but pain and disgrace upon our family?"

Devendra clenched his fists in frustration. He said, " Mother, please! you don't understand! Abeera has been a source of comfort to me, a light in the darkness....."