🪷Renuka's dearest Miss🪷

The room was silent, so much so that a pin falling could be heard very easily.

Kumud slowly looked at the three of the new so-called maids, with a gaze full of scrutiny, while the three of them stood there, lowering their heads, silently letting Kumud's gaze, bore through their heads.

Kumud sat down near the blue lotus filled pond and started fiddling with the cool water, its rippling sound breaking the silence.

" What are your names?" Kumud asked, her voice mellow yet commanding.

The three of them answered respectfully as they bowed their heads, " I am Atula miss, the eldest of the three." Her voice respectful and submissive.

" I am Amita, miss" Amita said with a voice as sweet as a koyal bird.

"And,  I am Rasika miss!" Rasika said with a chirpy voice.

Kumud stopped her motion, and a slight smile appeared on her face. 

They were very respectful, yet Kumud could easily hear the alienation and slight contempt they had in their hearts for her.

As Padmini, she had come across people of various kinds, especially new maids who seemed to despise her, due to her husband Devendra's disregard and disrespect for her, but, did it ever pose as a problem for her? No! Never!

Kumud smiled  and looked at them in their eyes, with a light and welcoming smile, however that smile seemed to have chilled Atula, Amita, and Rasika's hearts. 

They felt like Kumud had seen through their dark thoughts, which made it hard for them to even breathe for a while.

Though they stood before her, their faces serene but their eyes glinting with hidden thoughts. 

 Kumud regarded them with a keen gaze. "You are new to my service, so you all need to familiarize yourselves. Renuka will be helping you meanwhile. Take some rest, and come back after lunch. By the way, did Vimala Mausi tell you about your tasks ?"

Atula, with her calm demeanor, stepped forward. "Thank you so much for your kindness, my lady. To answer my lady's question, we have not been informed about our roles. Please let us know of our roles."

Amita, ever the cautious one, added, "Yes My lady, we are here , and we seek to offer our humble assistance in your endeavors."

Hearing these words, Kumud slowly waved her hands as a order for the other maids to get out.

Renuka stilled for a while, before she too started to move out but then a voice rang, " Renuka? Stay...." 

Renuka's face brightened with delight at her miss's call.

The Three new maids looked at each other and then at the goofy looking Renuka, and slowly shook their head.

Kumud slowly said, " Sir Vritra turned out to be so fast. That's good!"

 "Atula? You should be the one strategizing for the team. Am I Right?" Kumud stated looking at her with a smirk.

Atula's head shot up, as her eyes filled with incredulity.

" How did .... miss know... You...." She quickly stopped talking and lowered her head while asking for forgiveness, " Sorry for overstepping Miss. " 

Kumud said nothing but nonchalantly waved her hand as a way to dismiss her.

Rasika, with a hint of mischief in her eyes, spoke next. "Miss is really smart. We are impressed. We may be but your humble servants, but we possess skills that may prove useful to you, my lady. Please let us be at your service. "