That Glimpse

Meera's smile widened as she began to speak of Kumud, her words filled with admiration and warmth. "Kumud is a remarkable young woman, Vyom. She's not only incredibly intelligent and talented, but she also possesses a kind and compassionate heart," she explained, her voice tinged with genuine affection.

Vyom listened intently at first as Meera spoke, his curiosity growing with each passing moment.

His intrigue though, lasted only for a few moments before he became immune to Meera's praises for Kumud.

He shot a glance at Prince Raghavendra, quirking his eyebrows at which prince Raghavendra just shrugged his shoulders as if saying, ' Don't look at me. Your sister fell in love with her, nothing to do with me!'

"It sounds like she's quite the remarkable individual" he remarked halfheartedly, his interest in Kumud only lessening as Meera continued to sing her praises.

His words however only made Meera more excited.

Meera nodded in agreement, her eyes shining with pride. "Indeed, she is. I have no doubt that you'll be just as impressed with her as I am, Vyom," she replied, her confidence in Kumud's abilities unwavering.

" Okay! okay! I get it! She's a Devi who needs to be worshipped on a pedestal. I get it!"

" Now, Let's send you back to Maanikya Puri! Lest you forget to take a rest after being a menace all the day." Vyom said while rolling his eyes and waving his hands to move forward.

Meera now angered by her brother's blatant disregard for her excitement wanted to say something, just when her husband Prince Raghavendra came forward and held her by her waist to stop her from moving forward. 

Everyone dropped their heads at this intimate sight.

Meera's cheeks reddened as she shot a fierce glance at her husband.

Raghavendra's eyes sparked with mischievousness. He lowered his head and said slowly in his dearest wife's ears " Priye, you should take some rest. Our son and you have gone through a lot today. Though I have been giving in to all your whims, but my heart can't take it anymore. I know that you suffered a fright today and are only pulling up a confidant front to soothe my heart.

 But, Priye, I can't take it anymore. Please listen to my words for this once. Please?" His words were as true as the love that he possessed for his wife and his son.

Meera's eyes lowered. She knew that her husband had seen through her facade of calm.

Her eyes turned towards her little son, who was sleeping contently over his uncle Vyom's shoulder. 

Her eyes softened and so did her heart. 

A few moments later, she just nodded her head and placed her hands in her husband's hand while taking steps towards the exit.

Meanwhile inside the Mandapam, the Gupta siblings were ready to return home as well.

Kumud was held by Ketki as she walked out. 

" I am fine Ketki. I was not harmed in the least. You can release my arm." Kumud said shaking her head.

" No! I will not! Who knows if you will run straight into danger again if I don't hold you tight." Ketki said while glaring at her sister, her voice filled with defiance.

Kumud shut her mouth in an instance, lest she stokes her siblings anger with her words.

Vikram however was not the one to let go. 

" I can't believe that I'm saying this but, Ketki is right!" Vikram said with a face filled with defeat.

Ketki wanted to start a fight with her brother then and there, seeing which Kumud said " Okay okay! I understand! I was at fault! By the way, now that we are going home, shall we look at the shops nearby? I heard that the weapon shop at the nearby alley is phenomenal. And that clothing store two lanes down is famous for its products....... "