Ketki's Words

✨✨ Manyakhet, Vajrakot Manor ✨✨

The midday sun cast dappled shadows across the secluded garden, its warmth bathing the lush greenery in a golden embrace. Kumud, her brow furrowed with frustration, made her way through the winding paths, seeking solace amidst the tranquil beauty of nature.

As she found herself beside the serene lotus pond, Kumud sank onto a weathered stone bench, her mind a tumult of conflicting emotions. The gentle rustle of leaves and the distant hum of bees provided a soothing backdrop to her troubled thoughts.

Gazing into the crystal-clear waters of the pond, Kumud watched as the lotus blooms swayed gracefully with the gentle breeze. Yet, despite the serene scene before her, her mind remained clouded with discontent. "Why must they sing his praises?"

Kumud murmured to herself, her frustration bubbling to the surface. "Vyom may be skilled, but his cunning... it reminds me too much of her." A deep sigh escaped her lips as she leaned back against the cool stone of the bench, her thoughts drifting to the upcoming palace banquet. It would be the perfect opportunity to begin her quest for vengeance, to unravel the mysteries of her past and confront those who had wronged her.

As Kumud sat before the pond, her reflection was obscured by the shimmering ripples of the water,  that moved deftly due to the winds that flowed and caressed the tall standing lotus flowers.

The surroundings were quiet, as though the whole world was at a standstill, the only thing alive and moving were Kumud and her thoughts.

Just then, Kumud's ears perked up, as she heard the tinkling sound of anklets coming her way. Before she could turn around, a pair of hands hugged her from behind, locking her in place.

Kumud stilled, but then her heart calmed down as she identified the person behind her.

" Still angry at me Didi?" The voice whispered coquettishly.

Kumud said nothing, but surely, held the perpetrator's hand and stared at her emotionlessly.

Ketki, who was at the receiving end of this stare, couldn't bear it any longer. Ketki always loved this elder sister of hers. Soft spoken, very quiet, yet sarcastic and absolutely killer, when annoyed.

But, what Ketki loved most about Kumud was her eyes. Those deep mesmerising eyes, that seemed to hook peoples souls. Her eyes would express all her emotions, and even anger would make it shine like diamonds. Thus, this emotionless stare from her, seemed to make  Ketki's heart seize in discomfort.

She immediately held her ears and said hurriedly, " Sorry! I am really sorry! I know I shouldn't have praised that, that Vyom! Evan Vikram Bhaiya is sorry! He was so scared that he couldn't come face to face with you, to ask for forgiveness.... I...." 

Before she could say any further, Kumud hugged her tight, as her body shook in laughter.

Ketki was shocked, as Kumud always abhored physical touch, let alone hug someone. 

Kumud got away from her, and looked at her lovely sister. She smiled and said, " I am not angry Ketki, not at you, never. I was concerend, yes, but angry, that too at my siblings, never.

It should  be me, who should have asked for forgiveness. I should not have behaved in such a way. I am sorry Ketki." Kumud said, holding her beloved sister.

Ketki, now in complete awe of her sister, quickly shook her head and laughed as she said, " Oh! Let it be Didi! Come, lets stroll around the new Rose Garden that Mother has planted. She has obtained those from those distant Persian travellers. Come!" She tugged at her pale looking elder sister, who had gone rigid at the mention of Roses.