Making an Impression

As Renuka guided Atula, Amita, and Rasika through the workings of the Gupta household, she regaled them with stories of Kumud's past exploits and the challenges she had overcome, each time she met htem.

 With each tale, the three spies gained a deeper understanding of the woman they were now serving and grew more intrigued by her.

"One time," Renuka began, her voice low with reverence, "Lady Kumud single-handedly foiled an assassination attempt on her elder brother, Commander Vikram. She outsmarted a group of trained assassins and saved her brother from certain death."

Atula's eyes widened with astonishment. "Truly? Such bravery and quick thinking!"

Amita nodded in agreement.

 "It seems Lady Kumud possesses more courage than meets the eye."Rasika listened intently, her curiosity piqued.

 "And what of her time in the gurukul? Did she not face challenges there as well?"

 Renuka smiled knowingly. 

"Oh, indeed she did. Lady Kumud had always excelled in her studies, just like her brother aand little sister, but she seemed to like politics and strategic studies, more than simple swords or songs. It was her mastery of  this strategy and tactics that set her apart. 

Do you remember the time when the Raaj Guru Vishveshwara, had called upon all the students of the capital for the Agni Pareeksha five years ago?"

The three's eyes widended, when Rasika's trmbling voice sounded, " Don't tell me, Devi Kumudidni was the mysterious one who passed the Agni Pareeksha!" 

Renuka beamed with pride, as she said, " Bingo! My miss was that talented one, who shook the capital to the core! Her She was always several steps ahead of her peers, earning the respect of her teachers and classmates alike. It was then when Samrat Makarand personally sent My miss to the Anjanadri Ashram under Raaj Guru's tutelage!

Now you know why I love my miss.... " Renuka said with a goofy and adorable smile.

As they continued their  discussions, Renuka shared more anecdotes of Kumud's ingenuity and resilience. 

With each tale, Atula, Amita, and Rasika's admiration for Kumud grew, and they realized that they were not serving just any noblewoman but a formidable leader with the potential to change the course of history.

By the time they reached Kumud's quarters, after the afternoon meal, the three spies were filled with a newfound sense of purpose. They understood that they were now part of something greater than themselves, and they now were at least able to put aside their biased hearts and see for themselves the capabilities and  tactical genius of their Miss Kumud.

Kumud flashed a smile towards them as she asked, " Are you comfortable with the arrangements? Please feel free to ask Renuka for anything you need." 

While she said her words, she waved her hands as a sign for the other maids to retreat.

Receiving the order, all of them went out, except the four main maids, Renuka, Atula, Amita and Rasika.

Atula answers in a cordial tone, " By Miss's generosity, we have encountered no problems till now. Please allow us to thank you and help you share your burden."

Kumud was a little stunned, with the change in their tone of address for her. 

She shot a glance at Renuka and shook her head, when Renuka quickly lowered her head guiltily.

Kumud knew that Renuka had told the three about her past, but what could she say? Everything was the truth!

Kumud came near Atula as she said, " Atula, write a letter to Vritra, thanking him for fulfilling my request. And send him this -" Kumud said while handing her a bag of 100 gold coins and an earring?