👁️👁️ The Sahastra Netra 👁️👁️

Just as Kumud had entered the Chandrakunj Palace, she exited the place with no obstacles.

After she crossed a few lanes leaving behind the palace, Kumud stilled. She looked ahead towards the main market, through which she had travelled just this morning.....

A smile bloomed on her face as she strode forth, anticipation high in her heart.

The moon hung low in the night sky, casting a silver glow over the bustling streets of the capital city. Shadows danced along the cobblestone pathways, shrouding the city in an air of mystery and intrigue.

Kumud moved swiftly through the labyrinthine alleys, her footsteps muffled by the soft padding of leather boots against the ancient stones.

  Her heart pounded in her chest as she navigated the maze of narrow passages, her senses alert for any sign of danger.

Finally, she reached her destination – a nondescript building nestled in the heart of the city's bustling market district.

The small building stood before her, its weathered facade blending seamlessly into the surrounding architecture.

A faint glow emanated from the windows, hinting at the activity that lay within.

Taking a deep breath, Kumud covered her face with the ends of her turban and then pushed open the heavy wooden door and stepped inside.

The interior was dimly lit, illuminated by flickering torches mounted on the walls. The air was thick with the scent of incense and old parchment, mingling with the faint aroma of sweat and leather.

As Kumud's eyes adjusted to the dim light, she took in the sight of the surprisingly bustling house. The intense atmosphere,  a stark contrast to its dilapidated appearance from outside.

People moved about with purpose, their faces obscured by hoods and cloaks, their movements swift and silent.

Scrolls and parchments littered the tables, alongside intricate maps and diagrams detailing the layout of the city and its surrounding regions.

Kumud made her way through the crowded room, her gaze sweeping over the gathered people.

Kumud walked slowly, her eyes trained at the back of the room. The people there were surprised by the arrival of this unknown guest.

Some of them wanted to approach her, but that cold air surrounding her immediately made them give up on this idea of theirs.

At the far end of the room, a figure sat hunched over a cluttered desk, poring over a stack of parchment scrolls. His face was obscured by the darkness, but Kumud recognized him immediately – the Sahastra Netra Guild master , a well known yet enigmatic figure,  known only by his alias, Vritra.

Approaching the guild master with caution, Kumud cleared her throat to announce her presence.

Vritra looked up from his work, his piercing gaze meeting hers with a mixture of curiosity and suspicion." A pretty Lady ? " he murmured, his voice low and pleasant.

He immediately smiled, his face a wonderful sight. 

Vitra was a man with a healthy body, his face, a sight to behold. He seemed to be someone whose thoughts and emotions could be easily detected at a glance, with that air of charm and charisma made anyone lower their guard around him.

His face and body language clearly showed that he was taken aback by Kumud's beautiful figure,
Yet, his eyes glinted with cautious intellect, far beyond anyone's comprehension.

Kumud was covered head to toe in dark clothes, revealing only a pair of piercing eyes that looked straight at Vritra.

When he saw Kumud looking at him with a steely gaze, he quickly smiled cheerfully and said, " Namaste Pretty Lady! Please have a seat."