Pointing Fingers

“So you’re saying that You-Know-Who is out there in the forest, right now?” Hermione asked

No wonder the forest was dangerous. Not just becuz of other mythical creatures that resided in the woods, but becuz Lord Voldemort resided there, for now. Sera’s brother was pacing up and down, in front of the fireplace.

“Yes. But don't you see? Snape doesn’t want the Stone for himself as we originally thought he wanted. He wants to give it to Lord Voldemort. And if Voldemort gets his hands on the Stone then he’ll . . . he'll come back.”

He sat back down next to Sera. She reached her hand out took her brother’s hand, squeezing it reassuringly. He clung tightly to his sister’s hand back. As the older twin (even though it was by two minutes), she still felt the responsibility to protect her brother. 

“Harry? Sera?” said Ron nervously. “If You-Know-Who does come back, you don’t think that he’ll try to . . . . to kill you, do you?”

Harry gave Ron a tight smile. “I think that if he had the chance before, he might have the chance again.”

“Wait a minute,” said Hermione out of the blue. “What is the one person that Voldemort fears the most?” Everyone gave her weird looks in return. They were clearly clueless. “Dumbledore! As long as Dumbledore is around, Sera and Harry, you can’t be touched. If Dumbledore is around, you’re both safe.”

That gave Sera a bit of relief, though not by much. She had a feeling that something was going to happen, and that it was going to happen quickly. 

By the end of their morning exams, Sera’s scar behind her ear was burning with intense pain. She tried soothing it by giving the small space behind her ear a massage. She grumbled incoherently to herself while listening to Hermione gush about the first-year exams. 

“Speak for yourself,” Ron whined. He finally noticed his sister in pain. Though her scar was hurting, it wasn't nearly as bad as it was last night. At least she wasn’t going numb. But it still bothered her. “Are you alright, Sera?”

“My scar,” she mumbled. “It keeps burning. It’s been like this all morning.”

“It’s happened before, hasn’t it?" Dante asked, giving Sera a quizzical look. 

“Yes, but not nearly as often as this. The only good thing about it is that the pain is not as severe as it was last night in the Forbidden Forest.” She stopped in her tracks. They had come to the entrance of the castle. In the distance, she could see Hagrid's hut. The half-giant sat on a barrel, playing a flute. Then, the realization dawned on her. “Oh! Of course!”

“What?” said Hermione as they began to hurry alongside Sera. The red-headed girl began to explain her theory in a rush. 

“Don’t you think that it's a bit odd? That what Hagrid wants more than anything in the world is a dragon? And a stranger so happens to turn up with one in his pockets? Why didn’t I see this before?!”