Brooklyn ~18~

Friday came quicker than I wished it would. I was in PJs while Milo rummaged through my closet for something that I could wear. He pulled out two dresses, holding them up for me to see.

"Pick. This one makes you look like a little angel and this one makes you look like you have twice the ass." He said, holding each of them up for me to see. I thinned out my lips and shook my head.

"I don't know, Milo. Just pick for me and call it Christmas." I groan, lying on my bed. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through my social media when a text from an unknown number popped up. I ignored it and continued to scroll but the messages just continued to flow through.

I click on it and read the simple repeated message, my heart dropping. 'I'll get you.' I blocked the number and turned my phone off, looking at Milo who was pouting at my wardrobe. He snapped his fingers and grabbed a dark red sun dress with white flowers. I need to buy more dresses.

"Go shower then change into this. I'll comb your hair after." He grinned, placing the dress on the bed and walking out. I slid out of bed and walked to the bathroom, taking a quick shower and then changing into the dress Milo laid out. I called him in after I combed out my hair.

"Please don't make me look like I just took on a tornado with my bare hands." I groan softly, he rolled his eyes and combed through my hair again.

Once he was done with my hair, I looked into the mirror to admire it. It was braided from my temples down to the middle of my head. He added little clips into the braids to make it look like I had jewels in them.

"I have to admit... You didn't do half bad." I grin, looking at him with amusement. He narrowed his eyes and me and mocked me.

"Don't make me beat you up." He whispered bitterly. I stood up and wrapped my arms around him in a sweet hug.

"Thank you, Milo. I don't know what I would do without you." I mumble sweetly. Leaning up, I kiss his cheek and walk out of my room. In the corner of my eye, I saw him grin smugly.

After a few minutes of Milo calming me down, I finally got in his car and he drove me to the little bakery where Mr. Everest and I agreed to meet up. I stayed in the car with Milo for another five minutes, internally panicking. Thank God I got out when I did or if not, he would've quite literally kicked me out.

I carefully walked across the parking lot and into the little bakery. The smell of fresh pastries knocked me off my feet. There was a slight smell of chocolate lingering in the air, making my mouth water. Walking further into the little place, I spotted Mr. Everest sitting at one of the tables, reading a book.

"Hey," I murmur, walking up to him. He lifts his gaze from the book and looks me up and down for a moment, tilting his head slightly before smiling softly. "Sorry I'm late, there was a ton of traffic."

"No problem. You're here now." He grins, gesturing for me to sit. I sit down across from him, smiling softly. His eyes were solely focused on me, his book forgotten in his hands.

"What are you reading?" I ask nervously, wanting his attention to be anywhere but on me. He smiles softly and continues watching me.

"The Great Gatsby." He said, still looking over my face. "You look very pretty today." He smiles, my face heating a little.

"Only today?" I quirk an eyebrow, playfully taunting him. He rolls his eyes and smirks softly. My stomach suddenly became a zoo.

"Well, before you looked beautiful but now I can say that without getting in trouble." He teases back, leaning forward. I smile bashfully and look down at the table. "I hope you like chocolate, I had to order before you got here."

"I love chocolate. Thank you." I smile softly. I looked out the windows, my heart dropping for a second when I saw a glimpse of Joshua.

"Is everything okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." He said, reaching over and grabbing my hand, shaking me out of it. I looked at him with wide eyes but shook it away, giving him a sweet smile.

"Sorry, I just thought I left my iron on but Milo turned it off before we left." I lie, grinning to cover it up.

He smiles softly and nods, not letting go of my hand. "So, when are you going to start working again?" He asks, striking up a casual conversation.

"Soon. Next Monday I go in and settle down, get to know everyone and how things work, and then wait for my first shoot. I'm pretty sure I'll be editing photos for a few weeks before I go out for shoots." I smile, my cheeks hurting from the amount of times I've smiled today.

"That's great. I'm sure you'll be sent out on shoots earlier than you expect." He nodded, looking to the side to see the waiter walking over with our milkshakes plus some pastries. We thanked her before getting our things.

"Thank you, Mr. Everest," I say politely, taking a sip of my chocolate milkshake. He smiled softly and shook his head.

"Zachary. There's no need for the formalities, angel." He smiled, sipping at his drink. I nod softly and bite into the sweet Danish. Bopping my head side to side at the sweetness.

"These are really good. I think I might steal the recipe." I joke, taking another bite and washing it down with the chocolate milk.

"I know someone that can make these but 10 times better." He whispered with a grin. I widened my eyes and nodded, grinning back.

"Give me their number 'cause I want to know the secret." I say with wide eyes, making him chuckle. Leaning back in my chair, I feel his foot move to rest against mine. Flashbacks of my encounters with Mr. Arch- Callan, ran through my mind. I simply continued to eat the sweet pastries.

"Sweetheart, you have a little something... here let me." He leaned over the table and wipes some crumbs and jelly off of my lips, leaning back in his chair, he sucked his thumb clean. Acting as if nothing happened, he picks up his milkshake and takes a sip, looking out the window. My heart stopped and gaped at him before smirking at me.

A couple of moments later, we began another conversation. This time Zachary was the main topic. He told me about his two best friends and how he met them. Then I told him about how I met Milo, which made him accidentally snort his milkshake.

We laughed so hard which made other customers glare our way. We ignored them and continued talking. Eventually, we decided not to bother the poor customers and we left the bakery. We took a ride to one of the malls where we sat in the parking lot for about an hour.

"Aerial dance. I would've never thought you did that. How flexible do you have to be for that?" He asked, an odd look in the back of his eyes that I couldn't quite place.

"Well, I was put into gymnastics but I decided to learn Aerial instead. I used to be very flexible but now I'm not too sure." I laugh, leaning my elbow on the compartment between us. I turned to look at him, not realizing how close our faces were. My breathing slowly got more and more shallow.

"Nervous?" He whispers, his eyes moving from both of mine and down to my lips before meeting my eyes again. I didn't know whether to scream or to lean forward and kiss him.

Was that okay? I don't think so.

"Why would I be?" I whisper back in the same tone he used on me. He looked at me with hooded eyes and a small smirk. My eyes widen when he roughly grabs my jaw, pulling my face closer to his. I could feel his breath on my lips, making my heart pound even louder.

"I don't know... why would you?" He whispers, tilting his head slightly, his lips barely brushing over mine. The way he was holding my jaw was rough yet somehow gentle. I could pull away at any time if I wanted to. But I didn't.

I stayed quiet, my breathing heavier than I would like to admit. He tilted his head up, his lips just merely touching mine before he pulled away and let me go. I fell back into my chair, breathing shallowly. He smirks softly before starting up the car and driving down the road again. I stared out of the window in silence, thinking about his lips caressing mine.

It was sinful. It was godly.