Brooklyn ~38~

>>

I quietly walk down the stairs, trying not to make any possible sounds to catch his attention. My breath was held and my heart stayed still. The TV played loudly, the smell of liquor hitting my nostrils. Today was the day.

Today I would finally escape this bastard for good. My plan was set and ironed straight, not a single flaw in it. At this hour, he would be watching WWE, fist-pumping the air as he cheered on whoever he was betting on.

I carefully press my back to the wall, slowly sliding toward the kitchen. My escape bag was already hidden in the loose floorboard in the kitchen. My heart began to pump a little louder. Joshua curses and turns around, picking up a liquor bottle and throwing it towards the TV, missing by an inch. I had to grab my soul before it flew away.

I continued moving to the kitchen, eyeing his liquor contents. He still had two more beer bottles. That should give me a few more minutes. Finally, out of sight, quickly go over to the floorboard, prying it open, I pull out the bag. The door leading to the backyard was my next step. I throw the bag over my shoulder and make my way over to the back door.

I knew this house like the back of my hand. It was my home. My house. The house was registered under my name. I inherited it after my parents passed. But now, it was no longer mine. He didn't know it like I did. I know every loose board, every shaky doorknob, every creaky step, and every hidden place.

I carefully slide the door open, stepping outside, and closing it again. I take out my phone and dial 911.

"I need to report domestic abuse. I'm the victim, my boyfriend is inside the house, and I'm escaping. The house is mine but he won't leave." I say quickly, moving towards the bush that hid the hole in the fence. "My name is Brooklyn Elisa, his name is Joshua Arrow."

Joshua was the best boyfriend at the start. He was sweet, gentle, everything I could ask for. When I gave myself to him, he couldn't find any of the important parts. He ended up coming by thrusting into my inner thighs, thinking he was inside me. Then later on, things took a turn for the worse.

Everything I did made him angry. My very presence made him mad. Then the beatings happened. They started after I told him no to sex. He was angry by this, striking me across the face. Then he took me, pinned me down, and stripped me of my dignity. In the shower, in my sleep, anytime he desired.

2 years of this pain. I don't think I'll ever be able to trust to give myself to another man ever again. I asked the police to cut the sirens when they came, not wanting to alert Joshua. I also told them to come through the back where I'll show them how to get inside undetected. I told them I'm the owner of the house and I consented to them entering with no knock.

I hung up and crawled through the bushes, exiting through the hole in the fence. I sit tight, waiting for the police to show. They arrived silently, with no sirens or lights. I waved them down, three of them heading my way. I showed them where to go through and explained the layout of the floor. I moved towards the fourth cop who stayed by the cars, standing close in case things went wrong.

Everything is going as planned.

I felt so much relief. I would finally be free.

The cops walked out of the house with Joshua in their hands, his hands cuffed behind his back. I sigh in relief, my shoulders relaxing.

"Fucking bitch! When I get my hands on you, I'll fucking kill you." He seethes, thrashing against the cops. I stepped out of the way, letting the police lead him to the car. In the blink of an eye, he was free of his cuffs, a gun in his right hand and my throat in his left one. "Move and I shoot her."