Paint the truth

Beca parked her car and sighed heavily. She took her bag from the backseat and rang the doorbell.

"Becs?" Chloe was surprised. She didn't think she would see the brunette so soon again. She noticed the bag Beca had brought with her. "Come in."

They went inside and Beca placed the bag by the front door. "I'm sorry for just showing up here again."

"You can stay as long as you need." Chloe stated without Beca even asking. The bag made it pretty obvious.

"Thank you, Chlo. I'm going to get my own place as soon as I can." Beca retorted and pulled the ginger closer. Her hands gripped Chloe's waist and the ginger's arms found their way around Beca's neck.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Chloe whispered while staring into Beca's eyes.

"Always." Beca answered seriously.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you." Chloe admitted with a jittery voice. Beca hadn't even been gone for two hours. Her smirk grew as she pulled Chloe in, "Well, then it's a good thing I'm here now."

When they finally found the strength to pull away from each other, Chloe had a more serious look on her face, "What happened at home, Becs?"

"I got into an argument with my parents. Can we not talk about it right now?" Beca had always been someone to hide how she was really feeling. It was just easier than having to explain herself constantly. She would deal with this situation eventually. She always did.

"Hey, Chlo. What did Dr. Lowe say?" Beca asked from the kitchen when she heard Chloe entering the apartment four days later. Chloe had been at the hospital for her monthly follow up.

Chloe put down her keys and took off her coat. When Beca didn't get an answer, she walked up to Chloe and rubbed her arms soothingly, "What's wrong, Chlo?"

Chloe's eyes had filled with tears and a few were rolling down her cheeks now. "They found a new tumor."

"Oh my god, Chlo. Come here." Beca said while pulling Chloe into a tight hug. Chloe was the one to let go first.

"I don't know if I can fight anymore." Chloe let out, knowing Beca wouldn't be happy to hear it, especially after losing Gigi. Beca just nodded like she understood the ginger's struggle. "Radiation starts next week."

"I can come with if you want me to." Beca offered. Losing Gigi had been enough. She would do everything it took to make sure Chloe fought.

"You would do that for me?" Chloe questioned. She said it more to herself than Beca.

"Of course, Chlo. You're important to me, just in case that hasn't sunken in yet." Beca joked, hoping it would stop Chloe's tears from falling.

Before Chloe would start radiation, Beca wanted to surprise her with something special. "What have you been wanting to do for forever now, but haven't gotten to do yet?" Beca wanted to know when they were cuddling on the sofa one night. Chloe thought about it for a while, but really only one thing came to mind.

"I always wanted to paint something for my apartment, but never found the time to do it."

"Okay. Anything else?"

"You mean like a bucket list?" Chloe wanted to know.

"That is exactly what I mean." Beca said with a smile on her face. Chloe had a bucket list with things she desperately wanted to do. Nobody knew about this list, mainly because Chloe felt like the things on her list were too boring or embarrassing to tell anyone about them.