𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

"Oh, greetings Lord Kardien."

"It is my first time seeing you present at a banquet. I'm extremely glad you could come."

"By chance, do you remember me? I was in attendance at your engagement ceremony."

Like moths drawn to the flame, countless people, regardless of age or gender, flocked to Lucian's side.

'Hey. I'm also here.'

However, it seems I didn't even enter their line of sight.

While it was a little annoying to be treated as a passing apparition, on the other hand, I was pleased.

'It's nice to see my favorite character being loved.'

Of course, contrasting the joy in my heart, Lucian's face was a little stiff due to being boxed in by people. It was a pity.

'He's so pretty.'

He didn't like people's attention on him. To be precise, he felt burdened by it. Even though he was a man imbued with all the beauty the world could offer.

It was the result of his poor childhood, during which he was often bullied for the hue of his eyes.

<Don't look at me. If they see my eyes, they'll hit me.>

<No one will ever like me.>

Even now, after becoming the Empire's greatest knight, the bitterness of his youth still remained.

'As he was the second male lead, whose charm laid in his hard-working nature, it would be nice if he could cultivate some more self-confidence.'

Be pompous, say things like, 'You don't like me? You dare? To me?' to the heroine who rejected you.

"What are you up to?"

Ah, speaking of a monkey in a suit who would say exactly that.

Prince Kalyx had arrived.

As soon as the male lead appeared, his oppressive presence radiated out.

The people chatting beside Lucian, and the rest of those in the banquet hall, quieted down and turned to look at him.

Reflected in their eyes was fear of the power this arrogant man wielded, but even more so was unfettered awe.

There was an appreciation in their gaze, as if facing a perfect piece of art.

'Okay. I may not like his personality, but he's handsome.'

Prince Kalyx had a symmetrical and pleasing face as if God personally had sculpted it, framed by cascading black hair. His legs were long and, even at a glance, one could tell his body was toned underneath his exquisite garb.

Every detail of his body screamed the exact qualities expected of a male lead in a romance novel.

Above all, the atmosphere which swept in with him was likely to cow anyone within a 100 meter radius, it was that powerful.

"You've never attended such events before. You couldn't possibly have truly wanted to celebrate my birthday...perhaps..."

He continued faintly.

"You heard that the Saintess was coming...?"

As expected, I knew it'd be like this.

It always comes back to Estelle.

Truly playing the part of a proper male lead, Kalyx had a knack for always making things about her.

Caught in the unusual and rapidly cooling atmosphere, the people gathered around the pair tactfully chose to give the duo a wide berth. I tried to secretly sidle away as well.