𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒

I haven't visited Lucian since then. Lucian didn't visit me either. And he didn't send any more gifts to me.

It's been like that for a week.

"You look so beautiful today, miss! You look even more beautiful than the roses in autumn and brighter than the moon in the night sky."

Anne's generous compliment made the corners of my lips raise.

"Then I'll be back."

I had a big bouquet of flowers in my hand. It was for Estelle.

Today was the day that Estelle left.

The whole empire was shocked to suddenly find out about Estelle's study abroad. A Saint leaving the empire for personal matters was unheard of.

The news of her studying abroad made a lot of noise, but with the power of the three men, the situation soon calmed down.

[The saint is a precious treasure of this empire. If such a person leaves and if something were to happen to them, then the Empire will suffer a great loss.]

The Emperor refuted the aristocrat's dispute.

[Think about the benefits, not the losses. It is uncommon for the Kingdom of Sebran to allow foreigners to study at their national medical center. This is possible only because she is a saint. If the saintess learns the medicine of the Kingdom Sebran, our imperial medicine will advance dramatically. Wouldn't this be very helpful for our country?]

The aristocrats kept their mouths shut when the Emperor said it was of national interest.

The Emperor continued with a gentle face.

[If you're so worried about the Saintess, you can use your own money to hire her an escort. I won't stop you from gathering a few hundred people to guard her.]

In the case of commoners who were directly cared for by Estelle, their response was more explosive than the nobles'.

In particular, those who were being treated at the Flower Grass House held Estelle's hand with desperate faces.

[What if the saintess abandons us? We can never live without the saintess.]

[You said you'd care for me until I was healthy again.]

[Please don't go.]

From children to mothers, workers, and old people, they all hung onto Estelle with desperate faces.

It was Kalyx who stopped them. Kalyx's black eyes pierced through them.

[Don't worry. I will personally take care of you from now on.]

Kalyx was responsible for taking care of the Flower Grass House when Estelle leaves.

Estelle needed to be taken care of as well. And that's one thing he could do for her.

His beautiful heart was created by their love.

But contrary to his sincerity, the people seemed to feel differently about it.

[I'm not hurt at all!]

[My whole body feels alright now!]

[You can go anywhere you want to, Saintess!]

Even more, Kalyx miraculously was able to treat those who even Estelle couldn't treat. Those who couldn't get out of bed were now able to.

.....Or they were faking it. (t/n: The joke here is that some people might have been faking their illness this whole time.)