𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝟏.𝟏

The Happily Ever After of the Kardien Duchy

-Lucian & Pernia-

Lucian said.

"I don't want to separate, Nia."

He bit his lip and looked in pain.

Even a child who has been separated from his mother would not look sadder than him.

I felt like my heart was tearing apart.

I don't want to break up with him either.

But, nevertheless, I have to cut him off.

"We should no longer be together, Lucian."

"But..."

Lucian held my hand with a desperate face.

"Please, Nia."

His trembling voice sounded so desperate.

So much so that the resolve I had made to push him away as cold as ice disappeared.

I couldn't bear it anymore and was about to call his name again.

"You two are too much. You're only away from each other for half an hour, and you've been saying goodbye for two hours."

The person with a voice full of resentment and contempt was Paul, the butler of the Kardien Duchy.

Lucian turned his head and looked at Paul. He looked like some foreign object dared to intervene without knowing anything.

Paul gasped in terror and his shoulders shrank, but he said what he had to say.

"The people coming to the hunting competition today are all high-ranking nobles, so if we are late, it won't look good for us. You need to leave now."

Sigh. That's so annoying. Should I just kill those bastard nobles?

Lucian had this expression that gave off his thoughts, but fortunately, he didn't act on his thoughts.

I pushed Lucian's back with a sigh of relief.

"It's as Paul says. Go now so that they can't say anything about us."

Lucian rarely socialized with aristocrats.

Because he always wanted to be with me.

But he is Duke Kardien.

His relationship with the nobles could not be neglected at all.

So a hunting competition was created. Held only once a year, this was an important event for Duke Kardien to solidify his relationships with other nobles.

"...Okay."

Lucian left the mansion with a wistful face like a dog who was kicked out on a rainy day.

I'll be right back, Nia. I'll miss you, Nia. I love you, Nia.

In a whisper of sorrowful words.

***

I waved until I couldn't see the back of Lucian, who had gone on horseback.

I stared down where he had disappeared, and I gently raised the corners of my mouth.

"Hehe, it's time for some fun!"

I'm happy with Lucian. But apart from that, alone time is precious to me.

'I feel a little sorry for Lucian, but I can't help it. There's something I can never show to the man I love.'

I returned to my room humming and the first thing I did was take off my tight dress. I jumped onto the bed in my fluttering underwear.