𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟖

Lucian, who noticed my trembling, hugged me harder.

"Are you cold? We should go back to your room."

I held onto him and looked at the door of the drawing room as we moved away.

Like that was the only thing that can save me.

* * *

My father and the emperor immediately left the castle.

Because Lucian didn't even give them time to stay overnight.

I stood by the window and watched as my father left.

Until just before leaving, my father turned back to the castle as if he was looking for me.

I wanted to open the window and shout out.

Take me.

But I bit my lip when I heard the low voice behind me.

"Who are you looking at, Nia?"

There was an mysterious energy in his languid voice.

I looked away from the window and shook my head.

"I'm not looking at anyone. I was just looking outside because I was amazed at the amount of snow."

"Ahh."

Lucian nodded and approached me.

Fortunately, my father and the emperor were no longer in sight. All I could see was white snow.

Lucian held me in his arms and whispered.

"This area is barren land which only snows every day. No one wants it, no one cares for it. That's why I was able to receive this place."

"........."

"It's said to be abandoned, but I like this place. It's quiet, white, and beautiful. What about you, Nia?"

I want to run away.

"What?"

I told Lucian, who was urging me to answer.

"Me too."

I answered insincerely with an awkward face.

Nevertheless, Lucian smiled as if he was satisfied.

"From today onwards, we'll both be busy."

"Why?"

Lucian grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it. Lowering his long eyelashes, he whispered in a sweet voice.

"We have to prepare for the wedding."

Since it'll just be the two of us, I expected that it would be a humble wedding, which was wrong.

The dress designer came first.

"It's an honor to have this opportunity to make a dress for the beautiful bride. I will do my best to make a beautiful dress, even though I am lacking in skill."

Nevermind the dress, I was concerned for her.

Because she is the first person I have seen ever since my father and the emperor visited.

"How did you come all the way here? Lucian gave you permission? Did he threaten to pluck your eyes out if you laid your eyes on me?"

She bowed her head in response to my outburst.

"I-I'm sorry, miss bride. He left a warning not to say anything other than what was necessary."

"...... "