Chapter Seven

I let out a sigh and turned around, walking up and into the house. It was just after ten. Nyx sat at the kitchen counter, a mug of what smelled like chamomile in her hands. She watched me as I walked through the kitchen, pulling the fridge open to grab a blood bag. I opened it silently and took a long drink. It tasted like trash compared to Caroline's blood, but it would help considering I hadn't drank too much from her

I hadn't even noticed the influx of thoughts coming into my head. My own thoughts drowned them out.

"Your ring is damaged," Nyx spoke after a moment.

Her voice pulled me from my thoughts as I looked at her, and then down to the ring on my finger. The gemstone had cracked. Ruh roh.

"Welp. It lasted seven years..." i slipped it from my hand.

Luckily Skye and river were asleep upstairs. Nyx put up her own barrier. The thoughts of town filtered in and out of my head. I did my best to ignore them.

"Any way we can remake it?" She asked as she watched me.

I shook my head. I hadnt ever found the spell he had used. And it wasnt in his grimoires. Id just have to re learn to deal with it.

"Its alright. Ive been relying too heavily on the ring these days anyways. Need to acclimate myself to my abilities." As i spoke I could feel the familiarity of a migraine forming.

"Im gonna go to my room. Night nyx." I spoke again.

"Goodnight nikolai." She responded as she watched me go.

Once i was out of the kitchen, i vamp sped up to my room. Closing my door gently, i lit some sage to keep prying ears away. Throwing up an extra silencing spell just to be safe before I sat down at my desk.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and dialled the number that had been added earlier. If that dream coma thing was real then this would be elijahs number. Part of me hoped it was true.

"Hello?" The phone hadn't even rung twice before his voice came from the other end.

I let out a sigh of relief at the sound of his voice. "Elijah?"

"Nikolai?" He sounded concerned. I faintly heard Klaus and Rebekah in the background.

"Holy shit." I breathed out as I leaned back in the chair.

"Language." Came his immediate reply. I smiled.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

I nodded to myself. Forgetting I was talking on the phone for a moment before answering aloud. "Yeah. Just woke up today. Wanted to test if that had been real."

"What do you mean you just woke up?" He spoke again after a moment. "Have you been asleep since bringing us all to that dream scape?"

I slid my chair across the room to my window, pushing it open as I pulled a cigarette out and lit it with my magic. Taking a puff of it as I let the smoke out through my nostrils.

"Apparently..." I rubbed at my temple for a moment. "Wait I didn't cause you three to be asleep that long too did I?

"No you didn't. When we awoke only an hour had passed real time."

I slumped further into my seat in relief. "Thank the gods... Sorry I didn't mean to bother you."

I winced as pain shot through my head. I shouldve brewed some capsaicin or feverfew root tea when I was downstairs. I took another drag from the cigarette.

"You arent a bother to us nikolai." Elijah spoke his tone softer than before.

"Applogies dor not believing that in the slightest." I spun in the chair as I spoke.