Chapter 2: The Train Ride

Hermione's POV

Running through the wall to get to platform 9 3/4 I bumped into Ginny but we just laugh it off.

While saying our goodbyes to Molly I saw platinum blonde hair and steely gray eyes staring at me.

I just shrugged him off and continue to focus on what my friends are doing.

We went inside the train and took one cabin for ourselves.

Draco's POV

I'm already at the platform 9 3/4 at King Cross Station after saying my goodbye to mother.

As I was about to enter the train when my nose started smelling that addictive vanilla scent.

Sniffing through the air I found the direction where the scent was coming from.

I saw Gra- Hermione I mean and I found myself staring at her then she turned around a little bit shock to see me staring at her.

She just shrugged until they went inside and that got me thinking that Hermione Granger is my mate and I'm still in love with her.

I went inside and took a compartment since no one would even bother to sit with me let alone talk because of my death-eater past.

Just staring at the window while thinking of my beautiful mate I heard a knock on my compartment door only to find a shaking Ravenclaw boy stuttering about me being called by the Headmistress and getting Hermione Granger before going to the heads compartment and then he ran away.

I went to find Hermione's compartment and when I knock at their compartment door, they noticed me and all four of them gripping their wands tightly while pointing them at me.

Harry opened the door.

'What do you want Malfoy.' Ron

'I'm here to say sorry to all of you for all the things I have done during the past few years at the same time thanking Harry for not letting me and my mother went to Azkaban and to tell Hermione that the Headmistress wants to see us.'

Shock was written all over their faces after I apologized to them.

Hermione's POV

Draco Malfoy was apologizing and he is also the mysterious headboy.

'Hermione, the Headmistress is waiting.' Draco

'Right, Harry, Ron And Ginny I'll see you at Hogwarts later.'

As we were walking the corridors I kept glancing at Malfoy thinking If he really meant it.

'I really meant what I said Hermione and I want to change to a better person and the first step is to apologize to the three of you.'

I was left dumbfounded while he just entered the compartment.

'Miss Granger I would really appreciate it if you come inside and sit down like Mr. Malfoy did.'

'Yes Headmistress.'

Draco's POV

Good thing I can hear my mates thought or she would doubt me about being sincere.

Being seated next to her is driving me crazy and wishing I could hug her, touch her hair or even mark her right now.

'So the two of you will be sharing a common room located in Room of Requirement, there is a portrait of Dumbledore and the password is Sherbet Lemon. You two will also be organizing balls and events of such and also held monthly meetings to talk about the patrol schedules. Before I forgot you must direct the first years to the boats later. Is everything clear?'

'Yes Headmistress.'

'I'm going to leave now and you two better change into your robes.'

'Yes Headmistress.'

After the Headmistress left I quickly pulled out my robes from my trunk.

'Umm, Hermione I'm going to change at the bathroom now so you can change here.'

'Sure Draco'

I left the heads compartment but I can still hear Hermione's thought even though I'm already inside the bathroom.

'Oh my merlin, I'm gonna be sharing a common room with Draco freaking Malfoy.'

She going nuts in there.

'The guy who tormented me for the past years, called me mudblood, know-it-all, beaver etc.'

A shiver went through my spine as I recalled every moment I called her that and I felt guilty inside I wish she can forgive me.

I'm already finished changing and so is Hermione I think.

I knocked at the compartment door.

'Come in.'

I entered and took the sit in front of her.

'Mal- I mean Draco I can forgive you cause I can see your being sincere and we need to be civil with each other.'

'Sure Hermione but can we start over again and try to be friends?'

'Why sure, lets start Hi my name is Hermione Granger and you are?'

She took her hand out and I shook it with mine but I felt sparks when we touched each other and I'm sure she felt it too.

'I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy pleasure to meet you Hermione.'

We talk about some lame stuff until we heard the whistle of the train.

'We're here.'

'We need to help the first years Hermione.'

'Oh right.'

We went outside and I ordered the first years to follow Hermione to Hagrid to the boats.

After the task we went to the carriages and talk about nonsense topics again.

Hermione's POV

I had lots of fun just by talking lame stuff with Draco but when I touch his hand i felt sparks.

Being with him I forgot about Harry and the others for a brief moment.