Chapter 15: Christmas Present

Draco's POV
Today is the day. It's just the same Christmas ball you experience every year except Hermione is going to be with us. Speaking of Hermione, when they got back from shopping with Ginny that was the last time I saw her. Mum told me to wait for her at the ball and told me to greet the guest when they start coming in later.
Well that just happened this afternoon. At the moment, every invited guest is already making their entrance and having small talks with one another.

Everything is going well, all that is left to complete my day is to see my mate.
I was talking to one of my mother's guest when I heard my mate's nervous mind. I can smell her coming through the staircase. When I looked up to the staircase I saw the most beautiful angel, my mate. She was smiling at me while going down the stairs. I looked her up and down and I like it at the same time I don't like it because it's showing too much skin. I can feel my eyes going dark as I stare at her neck where my mark is going to be someday when she allowed me to mark her, of course.

I looked around because I noticed it was too quiet, everyone was staring at my mate. My veela and I didn't like at all. I know my eyes are pure black already, but then I felt something in my hand which really calmed me. I saw a hand holding mine. I looked up to see the person holding my hand and I smiled.

"You are so beautiful tonight, love."

She blushed and replied.

"You look dashing too, Draco."

Our moment was interrupted when someone cleared their throats.

I look away from Hermione to see who ruined our moment and it turns out it was an awkward Harry and a grinning Ginny.

"You like what your mother and I did to your mate."

Ginny asked me and giving me the looks that say's "You're getting laid tonight!"

I turned towards Hermione again.

"She is absolutely stunning tonight."

I see her blushing and it makes me smile.
She looked down to hide her blush but quickly lift her chin up.

"May i have your first dance my lady?"

"I'm sure I'm only allowed to dance with you Draco."

"Well yeah, and if someone asks it depends on who's asking."

The music started and I lead her to the dance floor.

Hermione's POV

I have never danced for so long before. Other than Draco, Harry was the only one who asked Draco to have a dance with. While we were dancing we talked about Draco.

"You really love him Mione. I'm so happy for you but if he as so make tear fall from your eyes, veela or not, I will curse him to death."

"You don't have to worry Harry, and If he does hurt me I'm going to make sure he learned his lesson before you teach him."

We both laugh quietly.

"I'm sure if he heard this he'd be shaking in fear."
"We'll see, with his veela hearing I'm sure he haerd us clearly."

Harry looked shock and before Draco could compose himself we already saw his scared look."

"I better make him better Harry. Besides it's nearly midnight. I still have my gift to give."

"Merry Christmas again Hermione."

He said before letting me go.

"Merry Christmas to you too Harry."

I walked towards him and I never took my eyes away from his.

I gave him what I think is the most seductive gaze I might have.

"Hey Draco."

"H-hey l-love."

Aww cute, He's stuttering.

"I am not cute and I am not stuttering."

"Sure you are."

"Let's talk somewhere else, I'm going to give you my gift love."

He dragged me to the balcony. I admired the view of the garden. He was behind me when he started talking.

"Hermione, I know we haven't been together for a long time but i promise to be the best mate, boyfriend, and future husband, if you let me. I want you to know that my feeling for you is real, it's not just the veela. Hermione I truly love you."

I felt something cold in my neck. I held it in my hand and I can feel an engraving of the words "forever yours". I then felt his hands around my waist.

I turned around and gave him a passionate kiss. A kiss where I could tell him how much I love him too.

When we broke apart I rested my head into his chest and I whispered my birthday gift.

"Draco. Mark me."