𝟎𝟔.

{ OCTOBER 2 }

"Finally out, damn

"Finally out, damn ." I muttered, rotating my neck in discomfort. I been in that bed for weeks, barely getting up and having to depend on Evelyn to take care of Albertoe.

It was selfish, but I needed to know my son was in good hands. This shootout needed to be kept under wraps. I had rats in my inner circle. I didn't know who I could trust at the moment, so I couldnt be telling just anybody or doing anything to rise any questions.

"Oh shut up, you wasn't even there for that long." Evelyn retorted, holding Albertoe on her hip. She wore black leggings and a black crop top. She had on pink Hello Kitty crocs with white Nike socks over her leggings.

Hee hair was in a claw clip. She's changed it twice since we've known each other. From her red straight hair to now her multicolored braids. They were blonde, brown, and black.

I squinted my eyes at her. "You be in a bed for a month. Can't even piss when you need to without your shoulder being on fucking fire."

She covered a clueless Albertoe's ears, moving him away from me. "Let's keep it PG, hmm?"

"He don't even understand."

"Okay, so when his first words gon be pussy ass bitch nigga, whatchu gon say?"

I chuckled, smiling a full smile. Can't even lie she was lowkey funny. "His first word was da, actually."

"Oh he can speak?" Her body language shifted. Her shoulders lifted in interest. She beamed, looking at Albertoe with a newfound sense of intrigue.

"A little." I admitted. "I get my sister or mom to take care of him and they be teachin him sum."

She nodded, going to the backseat where she strapped albertoe in. "Ima sit in the back with him, that coo?"

"I ain even posed to be driving."

"Like that's gon stop you."

"Mane." I sucked my teeth. turning the key in my g37, the car she decided to drive today. Ive got reason to believe she's been switching my cars out at her pleasure.

"Take me home." She chirped from the back. Albertoe gripped her finger and looked at her intently, smiling widely.

I liked the way she dealt with him, like he was her own blood. Cause of this, I gotta keep her around. Albertoe seems to like her and I'll do whatever for him to be happy.

"Do you know where I live?"

"I been there multiple times. Yea know where you live."

"I mean, you could've forgot." She countered, rolling her eyes. "I haven't been in my bag cause of you."

"Oh yea, you a nail tech. How much you made this week?"

"It's wha, Friday? Maybe bout 400. no like 600. I had a client this morning, she got extra long bling set."