𝟎𝟗.

{ OCTOBER 26 }

Both me Christian had spent some time in the hospital

Both me Christian had spent some time in the hospital. We were discharged after a week. We went through multiple regenerative attempts to heal the burns and get the smoke out our lungs.

I was depressed. I bawled my first day in the hospital and Christian just watched me, rubbing my back and tried to comfort me.

I felt like the only thing I had good going for me was gone. I couldn't do nails anymore, I didnt have a home to go to either. I wished I did.

Christian told me he'd reimburse me in any way he could but I felt empty. I didn't want his money, even though I knew I needed it.

I was curled in my room at Christian's mansion. He wouldn't let me leave his house, it didn't matter how many times I begged.

I rocked a sleeping albertoe in my hands as I watched The Outsiders. It was my comfort movie. I loved to watch it back in Haiti where I grew up. I immigrated to the States in 2005. I lived in Florida until I moved to LA, and now Georgia.

My room door cracked open and I watched the door frame. Christian stepped in guiltily. He wore a fitted white tee and an Essentials off white sweats on. "Hey." He greeted, walking to my bed.

He sat on my bed and took Albertoe from my hands, brushing them lightly. "Hey." My voice was hoarse from crying this morning

I hated christian at this moment. It was his fault I lost my apartment and my job. I didn't have to work because I was living in his house at the moment, but i really loved doing nails.

I promised myself this wouldn't be the last time I ever worked so I was slowly building a thousand dollar cart to buy supplies.

Since the nail room caught on fire first, nothing was salvaged. I didn't absolutely hate christian since he'd fished anything he could while i had a mental breakdown.

I was very embarrassed from that but Christian didnt make me feel bad for it. "Ima take you out." He told me, kissing my forehead softly.

"Where?" I wondered, ignoring his kiss. His cologne was clouding my senses.

"Anywhere you want ma. To get you some new shit." He replied, moving himself to sit beside me. I moved to the edge of the bed so he had space.

Christian held Albertoe in his hands as he laid on my bed. He rocked his slowly and watching the movie. "How old this is?"

"Very old." I smiled. "I'm not sure, maybe the 80s."

I laid my head on his shoulder as he snuggled more into the bed, going into the sheets. "When are you going to find a new home?"

"Why? Youn want me here?" I teased, finding my humor with him. I gave him a genuine smile, my braces grazing my gums.

"I just wanna search withchu, see what Ima pay for."

I shrugged. "As long as you stand on paying, we can start tomorrow."