𝟎𝟕.

{ OCTOBER 3 }

My phone buzzed as I evened the application on my client's hand with a file

My phone buzzed as I evened the application on my client's hand with a file. She wanted a long red Virgin Mary set. Apparently, I had became infamous for being a nail tech who was great on longer sets.

 Apparently, I had became infamous for being a nail tech who was great on longer sets

I set the file down, picking up my phone. "You mind if i take a photo?" I asked my client, Andrea. Andrea was very pretty. She was Hispanic, 20 years old, and had long red hair with matching red eyebrows.

She's been to me twice already. She came to me this time for a soak off and new set.

It'd been about a month since I saw her, and my retention was awesome. I remember when my nails could only last 2 weeks before popping off. Look at me now.

"Bitch, you know I don't." She answered, scrolling on her phone unbothered.

"Igh, put both hands down." I snapped two photos of my perfect application, one in 1x the other in .5. I nodded to her to signal that I was done. I turned to grab the selections I had of red polish.

My phone buzzed again, vibrating on the table continuously. "Girl if you don't pick the phone up." She laughed.

I rolled my eyes playfully but put the polishes down. "Pick the one you want."

I looked at my phone. It was christian calling. I answered it. "I can't take Toe right now, Im working and Ion want him to be exposed to the smell."

"I wasn't gon ask dat ma." He replied nonchalantly. The background noise through the phone was making it hard to hear him. Because of the gust of winds and the loud music, I'd guess he was on the road.

"Then why'd you call?"

"I just wanted to hear yo voice." I rolled my eyes. He'd been making passes, but I didn't want anything. I didn't want flirtin and I definitely didnt want someone calling me to hear my voice.

I was scared to be with any man. I didn't want to get with a person then be scared of them. It wasn't fair to either of us.

I liked believing I wasn't scarred by Malikai, but in all honesty I was. I was scarred to the point I don't remember who I was before I got with him.