Growing up

Most of my life it's just been Dad and me. Sure I have Bella too but she lives how many states away. Renée sure as hell didn't ever care for me. She acted like she cared for me around Dad but when he wasn't around she just ignored me and payed attention to Bella. The only motherly kind of love I got was when I visited Aunt Sarah and Uncle Billy. Aunt Sarah died a few years ago though in a car accident and Uncle Billy's in a wheelchair now. I'll always treasure the kindness and love my Aunt Sarah gave me though. Bella and I were close when we were kids but we kind of drifted apart as we got older as time passed and she didn't come visit us in Washington. It'd always be us having to visit her. Or we'd meet in California for vacation. Bella always just sat and read a book under the sun while Dad and I would fish at the docks. Speaking of Dad. Dad's cool. When he's not working he teaches me how to fish and about sports. We watch a lot of different sports games. Football, baseball, basketball, Hockey...those are his favorites but he's even watched golf games too. They just put me to sleep though. He's taken me hunting too. And taught me how to use a compass and navigate through the woods. I really like hiking and seeing different wildlife. I also like to skateboard and I play the guitar. I also cook. Heaven knows Dad doesn't. He burns everything. I took some cooking classes so I wouldn't live on takeout all my life. When I turned 16 Dad helped me buy a 1995 Ford Mustang. It was pretty rough looking when we bought it but my cousin Jacob and Uncle Billy helped me fix it up and we painted it a nice blue color. I got a job not long after that at Newton's Olympic Outfitters. I help sell hiking equipment and hunting gear. Mr. Newton's in charge of selling any guns though. You have to be 21 to sell guns. I'm thankful that I have this job. I can afford to get gas and save up my money. I'm not sure yet if I want to go to college yet or not but it'd be good to save up if I decide to go to college. My best friend, Paul Lahote, he doesn't know either if he wants to go to college. He's a bit of a hot head and I'm always calming him down. There's been a fight or two. I'd rather stay out of the fights but Paul always has my back and I'll always have his back. We've gotten in trouble in the past for it but we're teenagers. We're bound to get into some kind of trouble. Dad's not too happy with me for getting into fights but he's proud of me for always having my friends back. Just like he's got Uncle Billy's back and Uncle Billy's got Dad's back. My life is good. I just wish I could find someone to love. Poor Dad's had a rough go at love. But when he loves he loves for good. I know Mom's always in his heart. And even though Renée left him she's in his heart too. And of course he loves Bella and I. I just wish I could find love. A love like Mom and Dad had. Who knows? It's not like we can see into the future right?