Training Time

When I park my car I see Sam, Jared, and Paul all gathered outside of Uncle Billy's house. They look pissed. I start walking up to them. "You're a half hour late!" Paul yells shaking. "Paul, calm down. Rowan, because you were late you will be doing several extra runs around the border." Sam says. I nod. "Do you have no sense of duty? Half an hour late! What if we were in a fight with some leeches and you were late?!" Jared pitches in. I'm torn. On one hand I want to put my head down in shame but on the other hand I want to tell Jared to fuck off. "I got distracted and lost track of time. It won't happen again." I grit out. Paul and Jared scoff at me and turn around to the woods. "Well let's get started. Did you bring an extra set of clothes? Here's a leather strap to tie your shorts and sports bra to your leg after you strip. Put the extra set of clothes in that hole in that tree. Go behind a tree and strip and phase." Sam says. I do as he says. How do I phase? Just picture myself as a wolf? I try that and it's not long until I'm on all fours with  fur and a tail. Cool! I did it! I think to myself. Ooo! Gold Star for you! You phased. Now's the hard part! Running around the territory doing patrols! Learning to fight! Learning how to control your anger! "Ooo, I phased!" She says.  Paul snarks in the mind link. So I'll do all that's needed to learn to protect the people of La push and Forks. But there's no need to get snarky. I growl out. Paul turns around and growls at me. I'll get snarky with you if I want to you damn leech lover! Paul growls back. That's enough! We're a pack and packs need to get along and are on the same team so stop throwing jabs at each other and get along! Sam growls out. Paul and Jared snuff their noses at that but get quiet. All day I ran the borders of the territory. I can't tell you how many times I ran around the perimeter. After I was exhausted from running Sam had me fight against Jared. That didn't go as Jared planned. He kept envisioning me under him submitting to him with his teeth around my throat. I fought him well though and eventually got him down and my teeth were around HIS throat. He submitted to me and Sam says in the mind link Good job Rowan! Now let's get your tattoo taken care of then we're going to do some meditation and learning about controlling your anger. We go on throughout the day training. Good Rowan. Now let's go eat at Emily's place. Sam says. I think I'll go home if we're finished for the day if that's ok Sam? I say. No you come and eat with the rest of us as pack. It's not a choice. Sam says. Jared and Paul smirk now that I've been put in my place. I grit my teeth and go to Emily's and she welcomes me into the pack. "Welcome to the pack! Come and eat! I made fish fry and fries." I thank her and she smiles. "No problem. It must be different being in the pack let alone as a girl. The only girl." Emily says. "Things are different that's for sure." I say. Paul and Jared put their two cents in. "Rowan's a freak. Not a girl." Paul says. Jared laughs. Emily scolds them while Sam stays silent. "I'm intersex. Part girl part boy." I explain to Emily. "Oh. That's still no reason to call you a freak." Emily glares at Jared and Paul. Sam sort of huffs and says under his breath "Well they're not wrong." "Sam!" Emily yells. I just shake my head and say thank you to Emily and walk out the door. Sam yells for me but I ignore him and go to my Uncle's house. I get to Uncle Billy's house and knock on the door. Uncle Billy answers the door. "Rowan! Why would you storm away and ignore your alpha?" He yells. "Maybe because he called me a freak and let Jared and Paul call me a freak and picked on me through out the day?!" I yell back. He looks at me then sighs. "I find it hard to believe that Sam would do that Rowan." "Wow! You're going to believe someone else over your own blood? I see. You know what?! You and everyone in La push can kiss my ass! I won't be apart of this "Pack" and I won't be visiting you that's for damn sure!" I start to turn around but Uncle Billy grabs my arm. "You have to protect this tribe! It's your duty as a wolf! You can't just walk away!" He says. "Watch me!" I yank my arm from him and walk towards my car. Sam walks up to me as I open my car door. "As the alpha of this pack I demand you stay! You will do as I say and protect La push!" I fight the urge to do as he says. I look him square in the eye and say "I am the great great granddaughter of a chieftain, Ephraim Black! I am my own alpha! I don't have to do what you say!" Sam looks shocked but pissed at the same time. I jump in my car before Sam can do anything. I start the car as fast as I can and fly out of there. I get home as fast as possible. I see that Dads home. I go inside and find him in the kitchen sitting at the table drinking a beer with a slice of pizza. "Just talked to your Uncle. Said you yelled at him and refused to do what Sam told you to do. You want to explain?" He says calmly looking at me. I explain everything that went on especially the part where the pack called me a freak. He looked pissed about that little bit. Then when I told him Uncle Billy didn't believe me he was thoroughly pissed. "Well you don't have to go to La Push anytime soon if they're going to treat you like that! No one calls my daughter a freak!" He says. He gets up and calls Uncle Billy. He yells into the phone about Uncle Billy not believing me and that his daughter is not a freak. He yells some more and hangs the phone up. He turns around and pats my shoulder, grabs his beer and goes to the living room and turns on the tv. After deciding that I will return to school next week since I already called off from school I excuse myself and go up to my room. I almost have a heart attack when I see Rosalie by the window in my room. She speeds to me and kisses me passionately. I relax holding her in my arms. We pull apart and rest our foreheads together. "I missed you baby!" She says. "I missed you more!" I say. "What has you so tense?" Rose asks. "Let's lay down on my bed and talk hon." I say. She nods. We lay down and cuddle and I explain what happened. She growls and threatens to kill the "mutts" for doing that to her mate. I calm her down. "Well with your families permission I'd like to make you all my "pack". She kisses me hard on the lips. "You can check with them but I'm sure they would love to be your pack. Emmett loves you and Jasper and Alice too. Edward's a different story. But Esme and Carlisle will love you. I can't wait for you to meet them. Andy Alice was super happy to have a reason to go shopping today! We got you so much stuff. I'll bring you them tomorrow." I smile and kiss her gently. "Thank you love." I yawn. And Rose coos, "Ah my little wolfies tired! Rest love. I'll be here in the morning." She kisses my forehead then on my lips. I cuddle into her and say good night.