First Day at Forks High

Yesterday Dad registered me at Forks High. I tried to impress him by cleaning the house till it was pristine since I wasn't going to school. He was in fact impressed with my work. If I keep it up maybe I can cut back on being grounded. But I kind of doubt it. But today is my first day at Forks High. I get showered and dressed in my black v neck shirt with blue jeans and my tan timberlands on. I style my hair carefully then I throw on my blue jean jacket on next. After eating a quick bowl of fruit loops I get my keys wallet and backpack. I make it to my car without getting too soaked and drive carefully to school. I get there and thankfully it stopped raining. But as I get out of my car I can feel everyone staring. I start walking in the direction of the office. I think. On the way there some boy comes and slings an arm around my shoulders. "You must be Rowan Swan! Dude I love your style. I just want you to know if you need anything just ask me, Eric Yorkie. Need a guide, you got it. Need a shoulder to cry on, I'm there." Eric says. I shrug his arm off my shoulders. "Just point the way to the main office and I'll be good dude." I say. He points me in the right direction and I go on my way. I get to the office and Mrs. Cope gives me my paperwork I need to get through the day. And a map of the school. Mrs. Cope looks over my shoulder and gives a flirty smile. "Mr. Cullen would you be so kind as to show Ms. Swan around today as she familiarizes herself with her classes?" She giggles as the giant bear of a man walks over smiling. "It'd be my pleasure! Come on Ms. Swan! Lemme see what classes you have and I'll see if we have any classes together." As we walk to our classes I ask him to call me Rowan. And ask him what his first name is. He smiles big and says "of course. I'm Emmett. Looks like we have most classes together! First period is Algebra. Then you have Chemistry second period. Third we're back together again in Spanish class. And fourth period we have US history. And fifth period we got lunch. You can sit with my family at lunch. And after lunch you have English with my sister. The then you have gym class. Wait what's this note? Why do you have a it's to get changed in the girls bathroom? Why not the locker room like everyone else? If I may ask?" He says. "I'm intersex. It's best for everyone if I change in the bathroom." I say confidently. If people have a problem with my gender then they can fuck off. Not my problem. "Ok. Gotcha. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable asking. Thanks for telling me." He smiles at me genuinely. "Here we are. Algebra here we come!" Oh great. I hate math. I rub my face and hand my paperwork to the teacher. They sign it and hand it back. I sit beside Emmett. We fist bump and then pay attention to the teacher. It feels like forever when the bell rings and Emmett walks me to my next class. Chemistry. Not my favorite class. But gotta get through it. It's another painstakingly long time till the bell rings. I feel people staring at me throughout the day but no one has the guts to talk to me besides Emmett. Thank Goodness for Emmett. I'd hate to not have any friends to talk to. Ooh now it's Spanish class! I'm not good at it but I enjoy learning a new language. Emmett comes by to walk me to class and asks if I'm ready to go and I laugh and say "vamos!" He laughs and says "buen amigo vamos!" We both laugh and are off to Spanish class. Spanish class goes by quickly then it's US History. We get there quicker because it's not far from our Spanish class. When we get there we sit by this guy that looks like he's in pain. He has kinda medium length curly hair. "Howdy mam. I'm Jasper Hale. I see you've been acquainted with my brother Emmett?" "Hi. Nice to meet you Jasper. Yes Emmett and I have been getting along pretty well. He offered for me to sit with you all at lunch. I hope that is alright?" I ask. "Certainly mam. I'm sure my girlfriend Alice will enjoy talking to a new face." He smirks. "Cool I'll look forward to it." We turn to pay attention to the teacher. But I can't help but think about the boys golden eyes. I have only heard of golden eyes when Uncle Billy told us as kids the story of the "Cold ones". I have to wonder. Emmett's hand was freezing when he fist bumped me earlier. Huh. Not long through my thoughts is history over and it becomes lunch time. On the way to lunch I turn around to laugh and nudge Emmett for joking about how skinny I am and how he needs to feed me when I run into someone knocking their books out of their hands. "Oh my word! I'm so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going. It's totally my fault!" I say and help gather the books up off the floor. I look up and get lost in honey. Her eyes are swirling balls of honey. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life! She should be modeling for the top magazines! "You should watch where you're going. You could get hurt that way." She says. "As long as you're not hurt, I couldn't care less if I get hurt." I say. "Well I care if you get hurt! Be more careful!" She spits out. "Sorry. I-" I get interrupted "Rosie this is Rowan Swan. She's going to eat with us. Rowan this is Rosalie. Come on guys I promised to feed Rowan since she's just a stick." He puts his arm around my shoulders and directs me away from Rosalie. A growl comes out of nowhere. I look around for the source but come up empty. I shrug my shoulders and keep walking. I do notice Emmett taking his arm off my shoulder. Weird.