-Panic-

I don't do this often, but I will switch POVs in this because you'll see why. It just works better from Vox's perspective

~~~ This signifies a POV change

Valentino lay sprawled out on his massive heart-shaped couch, phone in hand, bored out of his mind. His upper left arm flopped over the chair back, the bottom thrown over his stomach, and he groaned in frustration. He tapped the phone screen roughly and clicked on Velvette's icon.

Baby Doll~

Porn Hub: Velllllllllllll

Hairball: What

Porn Hub: I'm boreddddd

Porn Hub: Come hang out w me?

Hairball: No

Porn Hub: What? Why?

Hairball: Because I'm finishing the work that Vox couldn't finish.

That caught Val's attention. Vox never left work incomplete. Val tapped the call icon next to Velvette's name and pulled the phone to his ear as the dial rang. 

"'Ello?" Velvette's clipped accent wove through the speaker of his phone.

"What do you mean 'work he couldn't finish'? Vox doesn't not finish work." Val demanded, one eyebrow cocked.

"O-oh. I didn't mean that. I mean, uhm. 'E had to go home for a while." Velvette stammered on the other end.

Strange. Velvette doesn't hesitate. 

"I didn't hear him come back. Why did he come back?" Valentino narrowed his eyes as he got up quietly.

"He was uhm...tired. Yeah, 'e wanted to get some sleep. Just leave 'im, 'e'll be fine..."

"Baby Doll. Talk to me before I go find out why he came back for myself. It's fine." Val said gently.

Velvette sighed crookedly from her end.

"He's really stressed. He almost broke down and I guess he didn't take his ADHD meds or something because he was radiating energy..." Velvette lamented quietly.

Val's heart clenched. He'd been through those episodes with Vox, the ones where he'd break down. They were scary for him sometimes because he didn't know if Vox would bounce back. 

"I-I'll call you back Vel. See you later Baby Doll." 

"Val wai-" Velvette started before Valentino ended the call abruptly, cutting off her voice.

Val, who was naked, crossed the room to his closet. He grabbed a long nightgown and a silk robe and threw them on without bothering to look at them. He pulled open his bedroom door quietly and trotted down the hallway to Vox's room. He raised a hand and knocked quietly. 

No answer.

Valentino sighed and put his hand on the doorknob. 

"Vox...I'm coming in, okay?" Val said tentatively.

He twisted the brass knob and walked into the dark room beyond. Vox's screen was the only light in the room, dim and obstructed by the pillow over his face. Val sat down on the side of the bed quietly. He could feel Vox's eyes on him. 

~~~

A hushed knock sounded on the door to Vox's bedroom, a small chirp accompanying it. Valentino's smooth voice called out before the door opened.