Stay...?

Waking up next to Vox was a blessing, to say the least. 

As Valentino's eyes fluttered open he rolled over, only to be met with his boyfriend's sleeping face. He smiled at Vox affectionately as he gently pushed his arms underneath the TV demon's body and curled them around him. Vox let out a sleepy static purr and cuddled closer to the moth, burying his head in Val's chest fluff happily. 

Valentino smiled and ducked his head down to rest it on Vox's with a lovesick smile on his face. Sleep nudged his mind gently and wrapped its soft arms around him, pulling him down and urging him to rest. 

Then Val's phone went off loudly, blaring One Direction at top volume.

The moth shot awake quickly and jumped, careful not to hit Vox, who had woken up to the alarmingly loud noise. He rubbed his eyes groggily as Val answered the phone with a scowl on his pretty face. 

"What the actual fuck do you want?" Valentino snarled into the microphone.

"H-hi Val...I was just calling in-" A loud sneeze and a cough interrupted the speaker, "To say I won't be coming in...I'm really sick. I'm sorry..."

"Oh. Angel," Val's shoulders relaxed and his snarl eased into partial concern. "It's fine Angel baby~ I'm not going to be coming into work for a couple of days so you can take them off. I'll shoot you a text when I need you to come in. Feel better Angie~ Bye~" 

The call clicked as it ended and Val chucked his phone across the room to land on the soft, fluffy chair in the corner. He flopped back onto the pillows as he turned his head to look at Vox. His boyfriend sat propped up against the headboard with a perturbed look on his screen.

Valentino cocked an eyebrow, reaching an arm out to curl around Vox's waist and pull him closer.

"Voxxy~ What's wrong? You look upset." He cooed gently and kissed Vox's cheek.

"It's nothing...I've got to go to work soon, I should get ready."

Vox pulled away to get up but was tugged back into Val's arms quickly.

"I already told your assistant yesterday that you won't be going in today. Stay here and tell me what's wrong." Valentino said as he buried his face in Vox's neck, " Please? Stay...?"

Vox sighed quietly.

"I don't know...I guess I get jealous when you talk to Angel or one of your other favourite whores like that...Like I'm just another one of your toys or whatever." Vox lamented and turned his head away. 

"Oh, Vox...I'm sorry. You're so much more than they are. The difference between you and them is huge." Val kissed where Vox's cheek would've been.

"Yeah...? What's the difference?" Vox asked quietly.

"The difference is that I love you. I always have, since the first day we met, and I always will. I hope you don't ever doubt that. I want you to do whatever you need to if I ever lose control. Because it probably wasn't your fault and I shouldn't be lashing out at you. And if you ever feel like I'm paying too much attention to my employees, tell me. I'll listen."

Valentino finished with a sigh and drew in a breath. Vox inhaled deeply, the air shuddering through his body as he turned over to face Val. His big red eyes looked into the moth's deep pink ones intently. Finally the TV demon sighed and kissed his boyfriend tenderly. 

It was sweet and long, and Val's heart soared. He smiled into the kiss and wrapped all four arms around Vox, pulling him even closer. Their bodies were flush with eachother and a small moan escaped Vox's lips.

Valentino laughed sweetly as his grip lossened slightly. He pressed his forehead against Vox's and exhaled softly. 

"Okay. I like this." The words slipped out on their own, barely audible.

"Did you say something Flutterby?" Vox cocked his head slightly and wrapped his arms around the moth's neck, burying his hands in that beautiful fluff. 

"Huh? Oh, no it's nothing. I'm tired, Voxxy, can we just go back to sleep?" Val said and let out a soft yawn.

Vox smiled affectionately, leaning forward to kiss his boyfriend's forehead gently.

"Of course, my love. I love you too by the way. I'm so glad I get to spend eternity with you."

"Wow...eternity, I hadn't thought about that. That's such a long time..." Val said, half asleep.

Vox's smile faltered and fear flashed in his eyes.

"Oh my GOD. We're gonna be the most iconic couple EVER! We're so amazing. Especially you Vox. I don't think I'd be half the person I am without you. I don't think Vel and I would be able to function without you. You're just so incredible. Like, how did I get so lucky?  I love you so much, my love."

Val let out a sleepy giggle, making Vox's heart flutter. Pulling up the covers, he pushed himself against Valentino. The arms around him tightened and he buried his face into Val's chest fluff. One of his his favourite physical things about Val. Besides his long legs, and his perfect overall body, and his sweet dimples. Vox sighed dreamily.

He lay awake for about an hour before finally drifting off to sleep in his boyfriend's warm, safe arms. The reality that usually whipped his mind sat calm and soft, all warm and relaxing, and he fell asleep to that. To the even sound of Val breathing.

Let the future come. Hell is the price to pay for life, but with Valentino and Velvette at his side, it wasn't so bad. Come fire and acid rain, nothing, nothing, will take him away from them.

{Alright. I'm kinda iffy on that one but I hope you guys like it. It's shorter than most of the others I know, I'm sorry. But I'm gonna publish another tomorrow and it'll be smut because I guess I owe you guys one. Kisses darlings <3}

Word Count: 983