CHAPTER TEN: SUMMER LOVE

THAT NIGHT:

Liam'S POV

Dani and I left earlier than the rest of them because I needed to drop her off at her place. Hayden was with Zayn. When I got back home, it was already late, and I assumed they were already asleep since all the lights were off.

As I made my way to my room, I heard faint music emanating from the terrace. Curious, I paused to see who it was and discovered Hayden with her white guitar—the one that Niall had given her on her 14th birthday.

A smile immediately lit up my face as I decided to join her. I had been wanting to talk to her since the day she found out about Dani, but I had been avoiding her to prevent causing any more pain. However, what happened earlier told me that perhaps now was the right time for closure. She must have heard my footsteps because she immediately looked up in my direction.

"Hey," I said.

She didn't say anything but simply half-smiled.

"You guys turned in earlier?" Stupid Liam, isn't it obvious? I scolded myself for still being awkward around her.

She nodded in reply.

"Why are you still up? Aren't you tired?

"A bit...." She muttered by which I assumed could mean something else.

"My Hayden... there's so much I want to say... but I don't know how to say it...." I started, getting straight to the point.

"I don't think you have to say anything...you know I knew.... somehow I knew...."

"But I wanted to tell you... things."

"I already knew Li... don't you believe me?" She smiled so sweetly and strummed a few notes "I made this song for you."

Summer Love

Can't believe you're packing your bags

Trying so hard not to cryHad the best time, and now it's the worst timeBut we have to say goodbye
Don't promise that you're gonna write
Don't promise that you'll call
Just promise that you won't forget we had it all

The words pierced my heart tortuously. I can feel her pain. She was trying not to cry. But I can see tears forming in the corner of her eyes... I loved her and she loved me too and I am hurting as much as she is.

We had it all indeed.

And it was so perfect.

'Cause you were mine for the summer

Now we know it's nearly overBut I always will rememberYou were my summer loveYou always will be my summer love

I have treasured everything we've shared. Even for the shortest time everything had been meaningful.

Wish that we could be alone now

If we could find some place to hideMake the last time just like the first timePush a button and rewind

Tears began to fall down her cheeks.

I could feel the memories of our past flashing through her mind at this moment. From the day we first met—that was the best time of my life.

Our darkest moments together; yeah, they're important to us too. They

made us stronger.

Our second anniversary... The day that ended it all.

If only life were like a tape that I could stop and rewind.

Love You / Goodbyeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें