CHAPTER FOURTEEN: NOBODY COMPARES

Zayn's POV

I couldn't fathom why Liam could be so insensitive at times. He knows Hayden was there, Cant he be a little more subtle? And we all thought he was the mature one. If I hadn't been so eager to remove her from the situation, I reckon she would have ended up crying again.

"You okay?" I inquired tugging her hands in mine

"Yeah, I mean you are here right? Making it better?" she stated with a sad smile

"By the way you said it is as if you don't have much of a choice..." I joked pretending to be offended

"Of course not" she quipped leaning closer to me "Thank you.... for saving me back there...Again"

"I know I am so cool"

she smiled nudging my arm "don't push it"

Royal Heritage Academy is the most prestigious school in the country. We are lucky that we are graced with the opportunity of having the school in town.

We attended RH Conservatory during high school. It's essentially the same institution, just with different names to distinguish between the high school and the college divisions, conveniently located just a few blocks apart. It's quite practical, isn't it? I suppose the founders or directors, whoever they may be, saw the benefits of such proximity. And indeed, it has its perks. That's why Liam and I decided to rent an apartment nearby well in advance. We all planned to continue our education at RHA together. Initially, we opted for a variety of courses offered there to ensure we could stay together. It might have seemed like a somewhat impulsive decision back when we were just ten years old, but as we grew older, we found that our shared passions aligned perfectly. So, what initially might have seemed like a less-than-ideal choice turned out to be quite harmonious in the end.

Niall pursued photography, Liam delved into music and songwriting, Harry focused on performing arts and musical theater, I immersed myself in visual arts and graphic design, and Louis opted for directing and screenwriting. Hayden, on the other hand, chose broadcast journalism.

Just picture it: all six of us working together, pooling our talents and passions. It's an exciting thought, isn't it? Someday, perhaps we'll come together to create something amazing. I can't help but wonder what name we'd choose for our group or company. Six colleagues, united by a common goal, a shared passion, and yes, even a playful nod to "one direction." (tee hee)

Zayn and Hayden strolled across the school grounds, their footsteps echoing against the pavement. The chatter of students filled the air, blending with the occasional laughter and distant shouts.

Surrounding the quad were the main academic buildings, their imposing facades adorned with large windows and ivy-covered walls. Each building housed classrooms, lecture halls, and faculty offices, bustling with activity throughout the day. The architecture blended modern design with classic elements, reflecting the school's rich history and commitment to academic excellence.

Along the edges of the quad, benches and picnic tables provided seating for students to gather and socialize. Vibrant flower beds added splashes of color to the landscape, their blooms attracting butterflies and bees. A central fountain served as a focal point, its cascading water creating a soothing ambiance.

Beyond the academic buildings, sports fields and recreational areas stretched out into the distance. Soccer pitches, basketball courts, and tennis courts buzzed with activity as students engaged in friendly matches and organized competitions. The sound of laughter and cheering filled the air, adding to the lively atmosphere of the school grounds.

"Hey, what do you say we eat lunch together?" I suggested, unable to resist the urge to pull her closer to me. Her smile grew even brighter at the idea, her eyes sparkling with excitement.