she snaps at you (Natasha x reader)

Natasha had been distant all day, her usual warmth replaced by a coldness that sent a shiver down your spine. You tried to engage her in conversation, but she brushed you off, her responses short and clipped.

Frustration and hurt built up inside you until you couldn't hold it back any longer. "Nat, what's going on? Why are you acting like this?" you demanded, your voice tinged with hurt.

Natasha turned to you, her eyes flashing with anger. "Maybe if you paid more attention, you'd know!" she snapped, her tone cutting like a knife.

You felt a surge of anger and hurt. "Excuse me? I've been trying to talk to you all day, but you've been acting like I don't even exist!"

"Well, maybe if you cared enough, you'd understand why I'm upset!" Natasha shot back, her voice rising in frustration.

The argument escalated, harsh words exchanged on both sides, wounds reopened and emotions laid bare. Finally, exhausted from the emotional turmoil, you stormed off, needing space to cool down.

That night, you slept in the guest room, the distance between you and Natasha a physical manifestation of the rift that had grown between you.

The next morning, you woke up feeling empty, the events of the previous day weighing heavily on your mind. You knew you needed to talk to Natasha, to try and work through whatever had caused the argument.

When you found her in the kitchen, you could see the regret in her eyes. "I'm sorry," she said softly, her voice filled with remorse. "I didn't mean to push you away. I just didn't know how to handle what I was feeling."

You remained silent, still feeling hurt and angry.

Natasha sighed, taking a step closer to you. "I know I messed up, but please, let's talk about it. I don't want to lose you over this."

After a moment of tense silence, you nodded reluctantly. "Okay, let's talk. But we need to be honest with each other."

Natasha nodded, relief washing over her features. "I promise, I'll be completely honest with you. I love you, and I don't want us to fight like this again."

"I love you too," you replied, the anger starting to dissipate. "Let's talk, and hopefully, we can work through this together."

~SS