Chapter 8- in check~ (day 6)

________'s POV

I wake up, Ciel is already up, I put his eye patch on him and tie it in the back snugly.

"________, I have a request for you."

"Hm, what is it?"

"I'd like you to not work today... I had to have Sebastian save you from dying in your sleep last night and I don't want you to have any stress on your body."

"Alright, I understand Ciel..." 'but I like working... too bad'

"Good. Now, would you like to play chess later?"

"I'd love to." Ciel smirks. He's got some tricks up his sleeves doesn't he?

*timeskip brought to you by Ciel's King chess piece*

Ciel and I have been playing chess for an hour now. Yes beaten me every time! He even used the three move check mate technique on me and I didn't notice.

This time I'll get him! Then again, Ciel's the chess master, so I suppose not.

"Check." Darn you Ciel, making me move my king. "Check." 'Again?!' I move my king once more, Ciel has an amused facial expression plastered on his face. "Check." I give Ciel the look. He just chuckles.

After a little while....

"Check mate."

I won. Against Ciel! He looks completely shocked, as of he's never lost before.

"What? How could I not have seen that... ________ how did you do that?"

"Well, while you were looking out the window I was thinking and trying to predict your next moves and how to get around them, apparently I did... you must have quite the handful on your mind to have lost at your favorite game."

"Yes... quite the handful."

I can tell something is bothering him, but I shouldn't ask. I can just imagine the things plaguing his mind.

*timeskip brought to you by Sebastian's cat obsession*

After our game we both walk out to the garden. Little do we know Finnian is already there gardening quietly. In surprised he didn't rush over and smash us in bone shattering hugs.

Ciel and I made it to the end of his large, well kept, garden. I stand there admiring the roses when Ciel plucks one and sticks it behind my ear.

I blush immensely but don't recognize it, I don't feel the heat rush to my cheeks as I normally would.

"Thank you Ciel,"

"Anytime my lady" he runs his fingers through my hair and sends chills down my body. He continuously runs his gentle fingers through my hair, turning my chills into relaxation. I close my eyes and enjoy the sweet moment.

Ciel continues combing his fingers through my hair until he gently runs his fingers down my back. He wraps me in his arms and gently whispers in my ear.
"Check mate."

He got me. He closes his eye and enjoys the moment, I close my eyes as well and inhale not only the fresh scent of the blooms, and the soft scent of Ciel as well.

I feel a pair of thin lips on my cheek. I blush once more and look at Ciel.

"________ I'd like to tell you that I-"

Ciel is cut off.

"Master!! Ciel!!! I'd like to show you how pretty I made the other side of the garden!!"