20

"Great practice today guys!" Lily smiled at her band mates. "Let's meet again Saturday since I don't have detention anymore."

"I still can't believe Mr. Choi gave you guys extra detention without permission. I always hated him." Ryujin rolled her eyes as she put her electric guitar down.

"Didn't you have a crush on him when we were first years?" Yangyang asked her, setting down his drumsticks.

She sighed. "And I regret that. Also, don't mention that in front of my girlfriend."

"Don't mention what in front of me?" Yeji asked as she walked into the band room. "Are you keeping secrets from me?"

"Oh, someone's in trouble..." Jooyeon teased.

"Shut up." Ryujin glared at him. "Babe, I assure you that I am not hiding anything."

"Yeah, only the fact that she had a crush on Mr. Choi." Lily spilled.

Yangyang brought his palm to his face, "Really Lily? Really now? What was it this time? Nerves?"

"I'm sorry. It just came out."

Yeji stared at her, trying not to laugh. "Seriously, babe? Mr. Choi? That guy is old and crinkly-"

"AND HAS A WIFE AND 3 CHILDREN!" Leehan added, finally zoning back in.

"I was young." Ryujin defended. "Let's get going on our date." She took Yeji's hand in hers and took off.

"I'm meeting up with my boyfriend too." Yangyang announced. "See you guys Saturday!" He blew a kiss and left the three.

"Is everyone in this band a homosexual?" Jooyeon asked.

"I'm not." Lily said and Leehan gave her a look.

"You sure about that sweetie?" He asked her.

She looked at him confused, "Of course I'm sure. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Okay, if you say so! I'm heading out too. The boys and I are planning to grab dinner together!" Leehan said and was on his way.

"I guess you have plans too." Lily faced Jooyeon.

He shook his head, "Not that I know of."

"Oh." She said and they walked out of the room together.

"So... are you free Friday afternoon?" He asked as they walked through the hallways.

"Yeah... why?"

Jooyeon scratched the back of his neck, "I was hoping we could go see a movie or grab some coffee." He said, awkwardly.

Lily giggled, "Are you asking me out?"

"Yes."

"As friends... or like a date?"

"I was hoping you would consider it a date." He smiled.

"Okay then! I don't really like coffee, so a movie date it is then." She gave him a smile.

"Okay! I'll see you Friday afternoon then." Jooyeon said when they got to the entrance of the school. He walked off to his mom's car and got in with a smile.

It was three hours since school ended, so the place was emptied out. No students were in sight.

"Haewon?" Lily asked, confused after seeing the girl standing by the gates.

"Oh? Hi! How was band practice?" Haewon asked her.

"Good. Were you waiting for me?" Lily asked, hoping Haewon would say yes.

"I was just reading in the library, I just came out." She explained.

"Oh." She was disappointed, but she didn't know why.

"Okay, so I was thinking we could have a sleepover at my place this Friday. My aunt got me this really cool karaoke machine that I wanna try out. Plus, my dad won't be home since he has a meeting in Jeju!" She exclaimed, quite excited about her plans.

"Oh my gosh! No way, you got a karaoke machine before I did! I can't wait to try it out! It's gonna be so much fu-"

Haewon looked at her confused when she stopped, "What is it?"

"Fuck, I can't." Lily suddenly remembered her plans with Jooyeon.

"Why? Why not?"

"I just remembered I have a date Friday." She confessed, now regretting making plans with him because now she would miss out on having fun with Haewon.

"A date?" Hurt flashed through Haewon's eyes. "With who?"

"Jooyeon."

"Oh? Your band mate?" Lily nodded.

"Yeah, he asked me out and I said yes because he is kinda cute." Lily smiled.

"Oh that's cool. What are you guys going to do?" Haewon asked. Why was she asking questions that she didn't wanna hear the answer to?

"Oh just going to see a movie."

Haewon pictured the two at the movies, holding hands and giggling with each other... and kissing-

It was middle school all over again. Lily having a crush on a boy and Haewon wishing she was the boy instead, but she never was. She was just the best friend who had to support her crushes.

"I'm walking home by the way. Is your dad picking you up?" Lily asked.

"No. Let's walk together." Haewon said trying not to make it obvious that she didn't like the news of Lily's date.

"Looks like I'll have to wait next week to try out the karaoke machine! It's gonna be amazing!"

"Yeah, next week."

There's the Haely chapter you "guys" so desperately wanted (yk who u are🫵🏻)

Yes I added WayV's Yangyang🤩
Yes I added Itzy's Ryujin🤩
Yes I added Xdinary Heroes' Jooyeon🤩
Yes I added Boynextdoor's Leehan🤩
AND WHAT ABT IT??😃

Hope you enjoyed this chapter<3