Chapter 7 - A Step Forward

"There they are!" Another one of the townsfolk pointed toward where Stone stood, "Get them!"

Before the mob could even start closing in on them, Stone leapt from one awning to another. They ducked out of the way, right as a rock was thrown at them. From there, they hastily slid down the wall of a building, landing in front of Liam and Airy.

Liam, with outstretched arms and a relieved look, greeted him, "Stone! It's so good to see you!"

Stone ran up to Liam, seemingly happy to see him as well. All the while, the mob was still angry at them, arguing amongst themselves and inching closer by the second.

Stone's delighted expression soon fell. They rushed between the two, beckoning them to follow their lead. Even though Liam paused for a moment, he followed after Stone. With a quick glance back, Airy watched as the mob obstructed where the two objects he was previously speaking with were.

"Stone, wait!" Liam's call caught Airy's attention, and he looked over to see Liam had stopped running, barely visible at the end of an alleyway. He was looking between him and where Stone presumably ran off to. He waited there until Airy caught up with him. Once he did, Stone quickly grabbed Liam's arm and dragged him up the stairs, much to his confusion.

Rounding the corner, Airy tried ignoring the sounds of the mob's yelling closing in. Liam poked his head out from a room atop the stairs, urging Airy to follow him. He dashed into the room, shutting the door behind him. Right on time too, as he could now make out what the mob was saying, even if their words overlapped and interrupted each other. On the other side of the room, Liam shut his eyes and let out a sigh.

Beside Airy, Stone was watching the mob through the blinds of the window. When he went to the window, he noticed the mob was now stopped in the center of a road, dispersing and searching around. Airy could only see them for a few seconds before Stone shut the blinds on him and turned to Liam.

A few, long seconds went by where they all stood silently. Liam broke the silence with a tilt of his head, "Do you need Texty to talk?"

Stone quickly nodded, and Liam took Texty out to speak for Stone. As he opened the laptop, Texty awoke. "Hey, guys. Did you find Stone?"

"Sure did." Liam turned the computer around for Texty to see Stone for themself. From where Airy was standing, he could see Texty greeting Stone, to which Stone waved back at them.

He continued, "They need you to speak, if you don't mind."

"Go ahead," Texty offered.

Liam handed the laptop to Stone, who began typing somewhat quickly. Airy noticed that as they wrote something, a worrisome look began to spread on his friend's face. He hadn't even noticed Stone was done typing, and had turned the laptop back around. Airy went over to Liam, standing beside him and nudging his arm.