2 || The first night together

क़स्में हैं, न रस्में हैं
शिकवे हैं, न वादे हैं
एक सूरत भोली भाली है
दो नैना सीधे सादे हैं
ऐसा ही रूप खयालों में था
जैसा मैंने सोचा था
हां तुम बिलकुल वैसी हो
जैसा मैंने सोचा था..

Author's POV.

After her very emotional vidaai, she was brought to her in-laws, her new home after her marriage.

She wasn't the old Priya.
It was her new identity.

The rituals were performed, in which her husband was by her side, but she didn't felt any involvement by him.

The first night, at her in-laws was spent with her sister-in-law, as she wasn't allowed to sleep with her husband before muh-dikhai, which was to be held the next day.

Next day at evening, she got ready, in her banarasi saree, gifted by her in-laws to her. She was really very happy.

The muh-dikhai was done, in which she got various praises from everyone.

"So beautiful."

"She looks like an angel."

"They will look so perfect together."

Everyone had gifted her gifts, her sister-in-law gave her gold jewelleries, mother in law gave her age-old gold bangles.

The kids of her sister-in-law were cute too.

After the ceremony, she was taken inside her room, by her sister-in-law.

Her veil wasn't allowing her to see properly but she could see slight visions of bed decorated with flowers.

Sunaina made her sit on the bed and muttered,

"He'll be here soon."

Priya nodded her head.

Sunaina cupped her cheeks and murmured,

"Don't make him angry, give him what every bride gives her husband on their wedding night."

What does a wife gives her husband on her their wedding night?

She didn't even knew the concept properly.

"Understood?", Sunaina asked and she nodded her head, still confused.

Sunaina left her alone in the room, shutting the door infront of her.

By the corner of her eyes, she slowly lifted off her veil and saw the room.