6 || Drunk Abhigyan

रात अकेली है ,बुझ गए दिये
आके मेरे पास
कानों में मेरे
जो भी चाहे कहिये …
जो भी चाहे कहिये...

Author's POV.

As soon as they reached outside, Priya left his hand and he moved towards his mother.

He sat beside her on the chair and held her hand between his.

"Jo bhi hua galat fehmi thi maa, choro na."

His mother nodded her head. She knew she was wrong, still her ego wasn't allowing her to ask for forgiveness and accept her mistake, so she changed the topic immediately.

"Tumhari shadi isliye karayi thi humne, pota ka chehra dekhna hai hume, jald se jald."

Abhigyan's eyes immediately reached for Priya who was listening their conversation from the corner of the room.

"We'll maa, we'll. Just give us some time."

His mother made some weird faces and replied,

"Humare samay me shadi ke ek saptah ke andar larkiyan pet se ho jati thi. Hum khud. Aur tum logon ko samay chaiye."

Abhigyan inhaled deeply and replied,

"We need to change maa."

"Bahut, yahan aao."

Surekha ordered in a loud voice and Priya followed as she went infront of her.

She immediately sat down by her leg, touching her feet and pressing it lightly as respect.

"Hume humara pota dekhna hai, Marne se pehle. Hum nahi jaante tum humare bete ko kya sikha Rahi ho, lekin ye tumhari saas ka hukum hai."

Abhigyan gulped silently while Priya nodded her head.

"Sunaina," Surekha shouted and Sunaina came inside immediately.

"Take her to the kitchen for her first rasoi."

She ordered to Sunaina who nodded her head and helped Priya to stand up.

After they left, Abhigyan tried to talk to her mother again but she denied telling,

"My decision is last. No ifs and buts."

With this, she moved to her room while Abhigyan stood up to go outside for his work.

Priya was busy in kitchen cooking food for everyone. Everything here was new for her.

Handling big utensils, as she had to prepare food for lots of people today, including their neighbours.

Not only that, she also served the food to everyone by her own hands and in return she got the blessings from the elders.

Abhigyan was still not at home.

Everyone in the home had already eaten their food. Not even did he returned at evening.