17 || Abhigyan's promise, anger, care

वादा करो नहीं छोड़ोगी तुम मेरा साथ
जहाँ तुम हो वहाँ मैं भी हूँ
छुओ नहीं देखो ज़रा पीछे रखो हाथ
जवाँ तुम हो जवाँ मैं भी हूँ

Author's POV.

She didn't believe her ears. Did she hear right.

He understood her silence and spoke,

"Humari maa ne usey janam nahi Diya.."

She was shocked. She looked into his eyes, but his eyes were lowered down. She palmed his cheek and rubbed her thumb on it.

"Sab ko pata hai?".

"Sab ko, sirf tumhe Aaj.. bataya humne. Sab matlab.. Ghar me sabhi ko.. bahar nahi."

She gulped.

He continued,

"Humare.. babuji.. kisi aur.. aurat ki taraf.. khich Gaye the.. humare hone ke kuch saal baad. Unhi se.. Abhisar.."

She was calming him by caressing his body lightly with her fingers. Now, she understood why his mother was like that. So bitter. So toxic. Because she had been betrayed. By her own husband. So badly.

"Janam dete, uski maa guzar gayi. Babuji ke kehne par.. maa ne apna liya.. lekin.. tum samajhti ho na."

She nodded her head and hummed.

"Bachpan me, maa ka pyaar nahi mila.. jaise jaise.. bada hua.. babuji se nafrat karne laga.. sirf.. humse.. Hume bahut maanta hai.. bahut izzat deta hai hume."

He laughed softly,

"Kehta hai hum uske baap saman hai, baap se badh kar hai."

She grinned.

He finally raised his eyes up, to look into her eyes. He held her hand that was caressing his cheek. He kissed on it and spoke,

"Priya, hum jhuth nahi bolenge tumse, humare pehle bacche ke samaan hai woh.. humare Dil ka tukda hai."

She smiled. Widely.

"Bahut chota sa tha jab humne pehli baar usey dekha tha. Tab se aaj tak.. apni har pareshani.. har khushi.. har dukh.. bas humse baant-ta hai."

He kissed on her hand again, caressing the back of her palm with his thumb,

"Maa-baap, dono ka pyaar nahi mila usey. Babu," she nodded, " baap ka pyaar hum de rahe hai, maa ka tum dogi na usey?".

She didn't knew, but she felt something motherly. Utter motherly. A lone drop of tear rolled down her eyes and he wiped it.

She nodded her head,

"Jaise aapke liye aapka bacha hai woh, aaj se humare liye bhi humara baccha hai woh."

He hugged her, tightly.

"Bahut pyaar karte hai hum aapse, Priya. Bahut."

She held his jaw and kissed on his forehead,

"Hum bhi."

He asked in a very low voice,

"Ek baat kahe, Priya?".

She hummed.

"Hum kabhi sapne me bhi apne aapko kisi aur aurat ke-".

She cut her off and spoke,