20 || Priya learns the truth

कभी यूँहीं, जब हुईं, बोझल साँसें
भर आई बैठे बैठे, जब यूँ ही आँखें
तभी मचल के, प्यार से चल के
छुए कोई मुझे पर नज़र न आए, नज़र न आए

Author's POV.

It was morning.

The room was dimly lit, shadows dancing across the walls as Priya slowly stirred awake. Her head throbbed, and her body felt heavy as if she had been dragged through a storm. She tried to sit up but failed. Memories of the abduction flooded back, the fear and desperation as she was torn away from safety.

Through the haze of pain, Priya's eyes adjusted to the surroundings. The room was bare, save for a small window high on the wall, allowing slivers of sunlight to filter in. She felt a shiver run down her spine as the events of the past few days replayed in her mind.

Feeling thirsty, she winced a little. Her body was so unnaturally weak that she wasn't even able to move properly.

She felt him coming and sitting beside her on the edge of the bed.

Her eyes went wide in shock, his white kurta painted in red. Red. The colour she wanted to see least right now.

She touched his chest with her palms, her heart racing, chest heaving.

"Pani chahiye?".

He asked in a concerned tone.

She nodded, just a bit. He gave her water and helped her drinking it.

When she finished, he kept the glass aside. No one was in the room except them.

She asked, inhaling deeply,

"Yeh kya hai abhigyan?", without hesitating in taking his name, only his name.

He understood why she was speaking to him in this way. He knew. He should've been here when she needed. But he wasn't. He was in guilt. Utter guilt.

His eyes noticed her eyes again. He didn't knew how will he tell her everything. How?

He asked cupping her cheeks,

"Kaisi ho tum? Acha mehsus ho raha hai?".

She shook her head, hitting her palm on his chest lightly,

"Hum kuch puch rahe hai aapse Abhigyan. Yeh khoon... Yeh kya hai."

He gulped silently as his adam's apple moved.

Caressing her cheek with his palm, he muttered in a low, yet confident voice,

"Maar Diya humne sab ko -- Jaan se."

Her eyes widened. In confusion and shock.

"Kisey? Kisey maar Diya aapne?".

"Tumhe kuch yaad nahi hai, Priya? Kuch nahi?", Abhigyan asked her, in a low, soft voice.

She thinned her eyebrows, her lips parted,

"Yaad hai hume.. Hume yaad hai Abhigyan ji.. sab yaad hai hume."

Caressing her hand, he asked,

"Kya yaad hai? Jab tumhe le jaaya Gaya?".

She nodded, all the memories flushing back in front of her eyes. Those pretty fucking bad memories.

"Yaad hai hume..", her eyes welling up, "yaad hai.. woh lejaa rahe the Hume.. andhera kamra.. sab yaad hai hume."

He pulled her for a hug. Hugging her tightly, he bit his lower lips in anticipation, asking in a very low voice,