◈2◈

[Present]

I am lying in the hospital bed. I am feeling so sick & tired. I have heard before that labour pain is the biggest pain in the world. Now I know it's true. Only mother's know how much pain they deal with. But when they see the moon-face of their child, all their pain fades away.

A nurse came in with a file. She stopped near my bed & said, "How are you feeling, madam?"

"I'm fine. Just feeling tired," I said in a weak voice.

"Just take some rest. You'll be discharged from here after two days," she smiled.

"Thank you. Can you please give my baby to me?" I asked.

"Sure," she walked to my baby's crib. She took him in her arms & brought him to me.

I affectionately took him in my embrace. He is sleeping. He is looking so calm & charming.

I placed my index finger in his little hand

I placed my index finger in his little hand. He immediately held it & snuggled a little. I smiled at his cuteness.

"Can I feed him milk from my breast?"

"No, madam. You don't have milk in your breast right now."

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"Many mothers often face this problem. It usually happens when they carry their first child. The milk takes time to come in their breast. But don't worry. It's very normal," she explained.

"What will my baby eat in this time?" I asked.

"We have sent your aunt to get the baby's milk & your medicines," she smiled.

"Thank you," I smiled back.

After two days, I got back home with my baby. He was sleeping. I lay him down on the bed.

I went to the kitchen to drink some water. Mrs. Jung couldn't come with me because she had to go to her work. I am thinking of doing some housework. So that she can be a little decay.

This is Mrs. Jung's house. She is a middle-aged woman. She is a nurse. We had first talk in a hospital which I was admitted. When my parents didn't accompany me, Mrs. Jung did.

My parents forced me to abort the baby. They didn't care about me or my feelings. But Mrs. Jung helped me to keep the baby. She gave me courage, inspiration, confidence & hope.

At noon, Mrs. Jung came back from her work. I greet her. She smiled & went to her room.

I went to the kitchen & served the dinner. I have cooked for the first time in my life. I saw the recipe from YouTube. I made Black rice, Kimchi, Palbochae, Spaghetti & Soybean soup. It looks fine. I hope it tastes fine too.

Mrs. Jung came down & was stunned to see the decoration.

"Y/N, did you do all these?"

"I tried," I smiled shyly.