★Chapter One★

✯✯✯✯✯✯

Chapter One✯
•Of•

    ✿    
THE AMBER EYES OF FAITH
✿    ✿     ✿

I lay on my bed, dreading the impending school day.

Unfortunately, my opinion doesn't seem to matter much. I have a strict dad, but a kind mum who can't intervene in this matter. It's quite sad, isn't it?

“Arizona,” my mum called, snapping me back to reality.

I hurried downstairs, passing my twin sister, Arianna, who was, as usual, glued to her phone. Always with the latest gadgets.

“Yes, Mum,” I replied casually.

"I need you in the kitchen," she pleaded with a smile. I glanced at Arianna. Is there ever a moment when she's not lounging around?

“What's Arianna even doing here?” I asked, joining my mother in the kitchen.

“Arizona, be nice. She's your sister, and younger at that. Act like it,” my mother defended.

“I am acting like an elder sister, but to a brat,” I retorted.

“Arizona, she's SS, and you know that,” my mum, Beauty fired back.

“Yeah, right,” I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

“Arizona and her perpetual jealousy. Oh, may the Lord have mercy on you,” she teased, sashaying towards the fridge to grab water. Hilarious!

A few minutes later, my mother burst into laughter.

“You...you guys. You guys are like cats and rats...true twins indeed,” she chuckled between laughs. What's so funny anyway? Older generations and their quirks.

We, the Emeka family, are Nigerians in America. My dad is the General Overseer of Hope In God Church, HIG. My mum owns a school affiliated with the church, which is now renowned worldwide. My sister and I are in SS3, the 12th grade here. We're the opposite of identical twins, differing in both looks and personality. And by the way, we can't stand each other.

**

An hour later, my dad returned from his meeting, and we sat at the dining table for a... less than pleasant dinner. A "loving" family dinner, if you will. *Note the sarcasm.* What do you call it?

“Dad,” Arianna began, breaking the chilly silence because she enjoys noise, unlike me. “You mentioned changing our schools. So, what's the new school?”

"The name of the school is... Crystal School Academy, but it is the boarding school. CSA. You'll love it, since you didn't want to go to your mum's school again," he said, doting on his darling, his "Cheta," the SS patient he'd do anything for.

“What! A non-mission school,” I objected. I dislike non-mission schools for their tendency to bully pastor's children.

“Daddy, I love it. You always do your best,” she gushed. Whenever she gets something she likes, she showers praises on my dad, the giver. But you should see her when she doesn't get her way.

“You see, you should be more like your sister, who appreciates everything,” my dad scolded me. I hate being scolded for expressing my thoughts.

Little does my dad know, his sweet potato has a boyfriend at that school.

Ha!

“Sorry, dad,” I apologized, staring at my jollof rice, something my mum can't resist cooking, even abroad.

The dining table was once again filled with silence. Can't it be different for just one day?

" I heard there is a boarding school in Nigeria and a day school in there too" my mother says trying to break the ice but no one said anything.

I loathe this toxicity. Unfortunately, change is unlikely.

We finished dinner in silence. I cleared the table and washed the dishes.

I headed to my room, or rather, our room. I detest being her roommate; she leaves the room in a mess. Thankfully, I've partitioned my side of the room, which is quite spacious, large enough for three more people.

She has a scattered box, clothes strewn across the floor. OMG, is that a dirty plate under her bed? I didn't see that.

And there she is, the boss of the room, on her bed typing away on her phone. I wonder who she's always chatting with. Are they online all the time or what?

“What exactly are you looking at?” She asked glaring at me as if I stole something important from her.

“ Ah God! When will she learn to behave like a girl?” I asked myself silently and walked to my bed. My clean room, I sighed in satisfaction.

“ You didn't answer my question” she dropped her phone, all her attention on me.

“Biko, leave it alone. I was just thinking of something that has the same similar look with your room” I rolled my eyes as I turned my back from her. I placed my headset on my head.

The blasting songs hit my ears. I LOVE IT.

I heard Arianna shift on her bed. Guess she left it alone. Thank God.

Anyway, we're starting school tomorrow, and mark my words, she'll be frantically searching for something she's misplaced.

Watch and see!

        ✴️    

A/N: AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi 😏.

Hope u loved this chapter and please if you did,

Vote ⭐

Comment 💬

Share 🌚

God loves you ❣️

Love 💖

~giftedFortune.