★Chapter Seven★

✯✯✯✯✯✯

Chapter Seven✯
•Of•

    ✿     ✿
THE AMBER EYES OF FAITH
✿    ✿     ✿

CALIFORNIA, AMERICA

I lay on my bed, pondering, wishing, about certain things, with a nagging feeling about the school I'm about to attend.

"Lin," my mom, Mia, called. "Come downstairs immediately."

I sluggishly got up and made my way downstairs.

"Yes, mom," I responded.

"What's wrong with you?" My mom asked, concerned by the expression on her only child's face. "Are you feeling unwell?" She inquired.

"No, mom," I replied, feeling my energy being drained by her concern.

"Alright then," my mom concluded suspiciously. "I just wanted to check if you're prepared for school," she said with a smile.

"No," I blurted out. Silly me. "I mean, yes. I am. I'm just exhausted from packing and shopping," I lied effortlessly. God, please forgive me.

"Okay. I'm sorry, sweetie," my mom sympathized.

"It's fine, mom," I waved it off.

I wondered where my dad was. I had seen him in the morning, and since then, I hadn't come downstairs because I'm an introvert.

"What's on your mind, sweetie?" My mom asked.

"Where's dad?" I wondered.

"He went to the church meeting for tomorrow," my mom said with pride.

"Okay," I inwardly sighed. I don't know why. Maybe because I enjoy the fact that he's out of the house.

"Alright," my mom repeated awkwardly. She can be quite awkward.

After realizing there was nothing to talk about downstairs, I left. It's better to sulk in my room than to stay in the living room feeling so bored.

Since my family and I came to America, specifically California, I haven't had any peace.

The only thing that brings me joy is knowing I live in the same state as Arizona, but it still bothers me why I can't find peace.

Why?

Sadly, I have no idea why. America isn't actually my dream country. Dubai is, and my parents know it. They have enough money to go there. I almost thought it was because of the church, but no. My dad has branches of his church there because he is a General Overseer, but the dad I have said this, "Arizona can't continue having everything. She is growing; she has to behave like a teen, not an infant." What he said actually made my heart ache.