eight

After leaving the Byers/Hoppers house, I slowly started walking around the corner looking for the abandoned swing set Jane was talking about.

The cold air brushing against my skin. Making my hands ball into fists buried deep in my coat pockets. The crunch of the frozen leaves under my feet as I walk down the path filling the air.

I soon got up to a red gate what was slightly opened. Pealing through the bars what were chipped in the paint. It flakes up, when the wind picks up the pace some fall onto the floor into the frozen grass.

I could see a man, without a jacket. Just that light brown hoodie over his head. Will. Opening the gate quietly as I take slow steps forward into the park.

Once I got forward I could see Will looking down at the grass under his feet as his hands hold the chains what's holding the swing. He was swinging back and forward lightly.

Letting my hands sway at my sides, getting closer and closer. Still walking slowly seeing if he would notice my presence before I take a seat on the swing next to him.

He didn't.

Sitting on the black bumpy swing. My butt already cold as fuck but I can survive with a bit more coldness just to know if Will was alright. While getting myself comfortable on the swing a voice broke the quiet sound between us.

"Why is Janes little boyfriend here?" He spoke. Will lifts his head up and that's where I noticed the light tears on his cheeks.

"I'm not her boyfriend Will. I don't like her, we're just close friends." And I think I feel attraction to you. I say I'm my head as I just admire his side profile while he looks off into the distance.

His hair was all scruffy and slightly damp as he not long came out the shower and I saw... his- his jaw was sharp as he swallowed what I watched his throat move and his adam-apple on show more than I've noticed before.

His neck was also covered in slight scars- like one or two.

"Well she seems pretty into you." He turns to me and our eyes locked. I couldn't think as my mind just turned into mush. He's so fucking- I didn't know how to describe it but I started feeling really nervous.

"No, Jane is just like that with everyone at school." It felt quiet and he was still staring at me and I was still staring at him. "S-so are you okay?" I asked making him turn away again.

"Yeah." He simple said.

I didn't want to over step a line but I wanted him to know he could always talk to me. Moving one of my hands from my lap as I lean closer to Will. Placing it on his thigh.

Wills head snapped down to my hand. I couldn't help but squeeze his thigh. That's when he looked back up at me. A small smile on his lips, his eyes full of tears, mixed of pain and fear.

"I'll always be here if you need to talk." I whispered making his smile grow more. His left hand let go of the chain and rested above mine. He looks down again, rub in his thumb across my upper fingers.

"Thank you but I really am okay." Wills voice was lower than usual.

The wind took over with the sound of trees swishing in the distance. The frozen grass seemed to melt from the warmth from his hand running through my body, to my feet as they lay the iced grass under them.

"I've noticed you've been stalking my insta." My breathing supply just dived over half. "I can see who sees my profile." He finished turning his head back to me as I slowly did the same.

"I-I umm... I do-don't." I cleared my throat. "I don't." I lied. I've met him yesterday and I already checked his account over 50 times just to see if he's posted anything about himself.

"Don't lie to me." His voice was just as normal as ever, speaking ever so calmly.

"I'm sorry." Looking down back at my feet.

I stated to slowly move my hand off his thigh but he grabbed it tighter. Looking back up at him to see a slight smirk plastered onto his face.

"I'm only joking, I can't see who viewed my profile." He laughed.

"Oh." My cheeks flushed as I torn my eyes away from him. At this point I just wanted to curl into a ball and hide forever.

"Now I know you stalk my insta." He whispered in my ear. When did he get so close. I turned to him, our lips just inches away as I look down at his. That's when he moved back. "Thank you for cheering me up."

Will let's go of my hand letting me slip it off his thigh immediately freezing from the air, just like the grass under my feet as it hardened feeling no warmth running through my body anymore.

"You're welcome." I said softly smiling up at him.

"Walk me home?" He asked. My heart picked up the pace.

"Yeah."

——————

A/N: why dose this book already feel like it's ending so quickly ☹️

Hope y'all enjoyed this small chapter!