nine

The walk back to the Byers/hoppers house was calm. Our knuckles kept brushing against each other letting a rush of electricity run through my body.

I bet my hair was sticking up... I'll just blame it on the breeze it's not like I had control over my hair in the first place. Walking in the cold was something I didn't like, especially having my hands out because when it comes to moving them your knuckles just hurt after, but they was the warmest part of my body- well my left hand anyway.

We walked around the corner, getting closer to his house wasn't something I wanted to come for a while. I just wanted to look at him for longer, to have his company for longer. Even if we didn't talk I just wanted to feel his presence near me.

I felt safe around him.

Then we got to the front of his car. We both stood still. I adverted my gaze to look at his car. Like really look at it. Not a single scratch was on the bonnet or the front window. I'm guessing he takes care of his car more than anything else.

"This is me." His voice broke me out of trace looking at his car. My head turning to him. His hands buried deep in his jeans front pockets. I frown slightly as not able to "accidentally" brush my hand against his.

Just wanting to feel the warmth one last time.

"So... err Mike what's your digits?" He asked making my brows knit together. What on earth did he mean by digits?

"Like my fingers?" I completely spilled the words out. My face grew with embarrassment... can't believe I forgot what digits were.

"No." He chuckles slightly tilting his head to the left letting a click fill the silence. "What's your number?" Will' smile was all I was focused on as he looks at me.

Right now I should be fucking screaming that he just asked for my phone number but his smile... one of a kind smile what was just to bright not to focus on than his words.

Soon I tore my gaze away from his teeth smile pulling my phone out of my pocket and handing it over to him. He took it gracefully as he started typing away onto the keypad. Hearing the taps of sound he presses on the numbers waving over us as the silence grew when it came to an end.

Passing my phone back he shines his pearly whites one last time before nodding back at me. Reading what he put his name as William. why a period?

"Now you can talk to me instead of stalking my instagram." Feeling heat burn my face in flames as I meet his gaze.

"I-"

"Message me when you get home okay? It's getting dark." His hand rested on my shoulder. I felt like I was going to hyperventilate. Yeah we held hands at the park -basically- but he placed his hand on me. I didn't have to first.

"Only if I remember." I flashed a cocky smile at him.

"Yeah yeah, bye Mike."

"Bye Will."

Then he was off the road and walking into the drive way with thousands of white stones with the rusting police car on top.

Once I saw him get into the house I started walking the opposite way. A smile spread across my face causing my cheeks to hurt but it didn't bother me. I couldn't help to do anything but smile.

He gave me his number- digits shall we say.

Walking alone wasn't fun. I missed the company of Will by my side. His charming smile what he only flash's a couple of times. His characteristic personality was something what felt comforting.

Once I reached home I let out a deep breath. My feet hurt, I was out of breath and overall just wanted my bed.

Running upstairs to avoid my parents, opening my bedroom door as I swing it closed once I'm inside crashing onto my bed.

I rested for a second before sitting back up against my headboard and opening my school bag. His hoodie. Pulling it out and throwing my now opened bag onto the floor while pulling the hoodie closer to my chest.

DING

My body sprung up at the sound of my phone. It could be him.

Scrambling for my phone. Once I picked it up I saw a notification form iMessage. Letting my Face ID unlock my device the name Jane came up.

Disappointed flooded within me. Why am I getting so worked up about some stupid guy I've know for a day- ALSO so happens to be JANES STEP-BROTHER.

Yeah I might be attracted to men or girls but I didn't know for sure and what happens if something dose magically happen with Will I don't want to hurt him just to find out I'm straight.

Enough getting into my head.

Getting up and over to my full body mirror. Holding Will' hoodie in my hand. Placing it between my legs. Ripping my dark brown one off onto the floor. Then gripping Will' black one and shoving it over my head in two seconds where I didn't even register feeling the cold breeze on my skin.

It hung to my mid thigh where my torso was swallowed up in his smell from the black fabric. My hands had completely disappeared unless I raise up hands in the sky even then the sleeves where that bit and stretch out it rolled all the way down to my forearm.

DING

My head snapped to the direction of my phone. Kicking my shoes off as I jumped back onto my bed reaching for the object.

William.
thank you for walking me home my sisters not boyfriend.

I smiled so wide at the message on my screen.

Fuck what do I say? I don't want to give a plain and boring message in reply but I want to sound cool like I'm not totally fucking fan girl-Ing over him as we hardly know each other.

No problem I'm always here Will!

That was lame.

William.
thank you

No problem!

William.
always end a message with one of these "!"?

Do you always start a message without a capital letter?

William.
you got me

I couldn't help but smile down at my phone as I roll onto my stomach as we kept messaging about nothing and everything.

William.
bet you'll stalk our messages later ;)

No.

William.
bet you're still thinking about my ass ;)

Feeling my face heat up- basically my skin was melting off my bones. I was midway typing my message before he decided to CALL ME. I answered immediately not wanting him to wait.

No i am not.

I said as soon as I placed my phone against my ear.

Yeah yeah I'll believe when I don't see it.

You're so annoying.

That annoying you can't get the view out your mind.

Shut up.

I couldn't explain the feeling in my stomach when I was talking to him over the phone for the past couple of hours.

And I was indeed thinking about his ass.

———————————

A/N: this chapter feels different for no reason-

I'm planning- maybe I might do it if I remember my idea (it's written in me notes but I have to many) I might write a book like they fake date and shit.

Should I?

I know I know I should focus on these two books or y'all kick me in the ass- but I really wanna write a book like that, what y'all think?