twelve

Everyone was still in my basement after we just wrapped up watching a couple of screams. We were trying to watch the whole compilation of all the screams. The first one is my favourite, why?

Because it's the original, the reason why it started plus Billy was something to look at.

Especially when he was covered in blood licking his fingers that gets me every time. We watched the first two and called it a night. One, I'm tired, two, I'm tired.

"Okay guys, make sure you all get home safe yeah?" I get up from the sofa with Jane on my trail.

"I'm going with Max, we're having a sleepover for the weekend so we can't hang out this weekend, but at school we can plan that Christmas party!" Jane said kissing my cheeks ever so gently. She looked at me and I moved my hand, immediately went up to wipe it off but everyone was looking so I just casually scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Okay you girls have fun, we won't interfere with you guys." Lucas said dragging Max into his arms as they lead the way to the garage.

Watching my friends talk for a little while longer as the sky was set into a cold dark mist with a few stars in the sky. Least they're not turning into stupid perky nipples this time.

I felt my cheeks flush at the memory quickly shaking it off as I averted my eyes back to my friends. No doubt that Lucas and Max were kissing.

A long sloppy kiss.

Fuck I'm so single.

I'll admit I haven't had my first kiss yet and I'm 17. 18 in less than four months. I've always wanted my first kiss before I was sixteen but... never really worked out and definitely won't be with Jane. She's my best friend.

They broke apart and Max grabbed Janes hand grabbing her into the cold mist as they laugh together letting their laughter fill the silence in the front yard. Lucas watching them with a proud smile- he was just either looking at Max or Max said he was getting some after the weekend.

I didn't know and don't want to know.

Soon Dustin and Lucas were both gone too.

A wave of loneliness surrounded me as I made my way back into the basement locking the door. The heat from the room touched my skin making me sigh in relief.

Cleaning up all their mess, folding the blankets they used, sweet/candy wrappers into the bin along with a lot of left over chips.

Once the room was how I found it I turned the lights out and headed up to my room. I have a double bed in my room but I never use one side so I was thinking about sizing down to make more room in my room. As it's "never" clean to my mum. It's clean. My type of clean.

Just a few loose clothes on the floor along with some school shit but who really gives a fuck about that?

I didn't bother with a shower as I got changed into some pyjama pants, black and blue checkered with a hoodie what was sitting over my bed head board.

Getting buried under my blankets. Reaching for my tv remote as I make my way onto Netflix putting Rick and Morty on. The show is hilarious, made me feel less alone at night that's for sure.

My cover was under my chin as my body curled up under the sheets, I could feel myself starting to go limp as sleep was taking over.

Before my heavy eyelids could close I heard my phone vibrate on my nightstand. With a groan I reached my right arm out my cover and leaned over grabbing my phone.

iMessage.

Letting the Face ID run over my face so I could see who the message was from.

William.

My heart plunged into my throat as I leaned up feeling wide awake. The message reads:

William.
they gone?

Okay okay okay- what the fuck do I do? I said no to hanging out with the guy I like because I was hanging out with his step-sister and told him we're not friends. That yes I didn't fucking know him. When his smile faded it made my heart ache. So I just replied with a simple:

Mhm.

His message didn't take long to come through.

William.
come over then.

I didn't know what to do. I never fucking know what to do.

Reading the message over and over until eventually the screen falls black only seeing my reflection. That's when I leaped out my bed grabbing my shoes rushing to do the laces.

Rushing over to my window.

Should I?

Before I even knew it I was panting for air as I was standing out the Byers/Hoppers house letting my bike fell to the ground next to my feet. I was outside of his window looking up at the glass. His room shined a blue light.

What was I doing? Jane wasn't here and that only made me throw myself out the window. I wanted to get to know Will without Jane knowing.

Climbing up peoples houses was something I was not meant to do. Especially in loose fucking pyjamas. I swear if I rip these I'll actually curse Will out. I wear them like every day.

Once I made it up to his windows standing on the metal pole about two feet under his window. I knocked lightly but I wanted to bang because I didn't feel the December cold until now.

But not even after two seconds I knocked the window open to reveal a smirking Will Byers. He was wearing a loose black shirt with the same gray joggers I saw him in the first time I met him. Nike ones.

"I knew you would come." He said with a glint in his eyes. Rolling my eyes as I reach for his hand.

"Yeah yeah let me in dick-head."

"With pleasure."

—————————

A/N: woah double upload? Am I the same person? Well I'm giving you two as I felt bad for not posting for a couple of weeks.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!